Year Four - Part Six

Hermione and I got ready for the dance in our room. She was nervous and had been freaking out all day long. I had to talk her down from three or four anxiety attacks already, and the night was still young.

I adjusted the bodice on my gown and looked at myself in the mirror. My dress was a beautiful one I had found on display in Hogsmeade a few weeks prior. It was a midnight blue with gold embroidery all over that had all of the different constellations on it. I had my hair down and curled, and had done my makeup gold and glittery to match the dress.

"You look beautiful, Olivia." Hermione said.

"So do you!" I squealed as I grabbed her hands and jumped excitedly, "Are you ready to go?"

"I think so." She said timidly. "Viktor said to meet him at the stairs in front of the great hall."

"I can't wait. I haven't seen Aleksandar around school lately, so I wasn't able to talk to him about anything involving the dance." I said. I played with the curls in my hair nervously, "It should be fine though." I knew that Karkaroff kept Aleks very busy all the time as his personal assistant, so I didn't worry about it too much. I was more excited than anything else at this point.

"Yeah, these things work themselves out." Hermione shrugged. We walked the halls together arm in arm whispering about what the night might hold for us. Finally we came to the corner before the grand staircase and I stopped and grabbed Hermione.

"No matter what happens, we're going to have fun tonight. Alright?" I made her promise me. Hermione swallowed hard and nodded.

"Thank you for being my best friend and going on this double date with me." She said as she hugged me tightly, "Just... make sure Viktor doesn't get too handsy with me please."

"Alright, I won't. But let me know if you change your mind." I winked.

We giggled as we turned the corner and began to descend the staircase. I saw Viktor Krum almost immediately. He stood out wearing his Red dress uniform.

"Where's Aleksandar?" I asked Hermione.

She shook her head. "Dunno." She whispered, "When I told him you liked Aleks he said don't worry about it he had everything figured out."

We walked over to Viktor and smiled. "You two look beautiful as always." He smiled before taking Hermione's hand, "Especially you, Hermonery."

"Hey Viktor?" I asked as I looked around, "Where is my date exactly?"

"Oh!" Vik exclaimed, "He is vaiting over there. Draco! Come here!"

My heart felt like it was going to fall out of my chest. "Did you just say Draco? As in Malfoy?" I nearly yelled. I looked at Hermione angrily, "Did you know about this?"

Hermione looked embarrassed and shocked, "Absolutely not! Viktor! I told you Olivia liked Aleksandar!"

Draco walked over to us casually and smirked, "Alright, big man. Where's my hot date you promised?"

"Right in front of you." Viktor said with a clueless grin. Draco looked at me in the same way that I felt. Complete and utter Shock and disbelief.

"I thought you were setting me up with one of the veela girls from Beauxbaton!" Draco said angrily to Viktor. "You mean to tell me that I'm stuck with Fern all night?"

"I don't think so. I'm not going to the ball with you." I spat. "I'll go back to the dormitories before I agree to be your date."

"No!" Hermione pleaded, "You can't." She looked at me desperately and then looked at Krum.