Year Four - Part Four

I was still up when Harry came back to the common room after meeting with Hagrid. He told me all about the first task being dragons and we even gossiped a little bit about Hagrid's love life. I could still tell that he wished he could be talking to Ron about these things, but I felt pretty confident about being his second option.

The next morning, Harry was determined to tell Cedric Diggory about the first task. I agreed to go with him since Cedric and I were friends.

"It's only fair." Harry explained to me as we walked through the corridor, "Madam Maxime obviously told Fleur about the dragon so she could prepare, and Krum definitely knows. That means Cedric would be the only person going into the first task blind."

"You're really nice for doing that, Harry." I smiled at him, "I'm not even sure if Cedric would have told you if the positions were reversed."

We walked by some kids who were laughing at Harry. They were wearing badges with Cedric's face on them, but I couldn't get a good look at what it said. "Cedric rules!" A boy laughed as he shoved past Harry. I got a much better look at his badge when it changed to read the phrase "Potter Stinks!"

"Thanks." Harry muttered sarcastically under his breath.

When we tried to walk through the archway to the courtyard two boys stood in our way. "Like the badge?" He grinned and pointed to it before looking at me, "I can get you one."

"As if I would wear anything that horrendous." I sneered as I pushed him out of Harry's way.

"Excuse us..." Harry said as they laughed in our faces.

"There's Cedric, over there." I pointed to him. He was sitting and talking with some of his Hufflepuff friends. As soon as they saw Harry walking towards them they started laughing and sending insults his way.

"Can I have a word?" Harry asked Cedric. Cedric looked between Harry and myself and nodded as he stood up. The two of them walked slightly off to the side to converse in private about the task while I stayed behind.

I saw my sister hanging around with some other Slytherins and walked over. Theodore Nott smirked as I walked over. "So nice of you to join us, Fern."

"What are you doing here?" Draco Malfoy leered at me from up in a tree.

"Must you always act like its a crime that I come see my sister? It's not my fault she keeps you lot as company." I retorted.

"Did you want something?" Clara asked sounding completely unlike herself. We hadn't spoken much this term. I could tell that the other Slytherin's influence had been getting to her again this year. She was even wearing one of those ghastly Potter Stinks badges.

"I just thought I would come see how you're doing. We haven't talked much. You're not still ditching classes, are you?"

Clara looked at Theo to gauge his reaction. He leaned in close and whispered something in her ear and she nodded before giving me a nasty glare, "That's not really any of your concern." I was taken aback by how permeating Nott's influence was over my sister. Before I could question him on it though, Draco Malfoy started to yell over my head.

"Why so tense Potter?" Malfoy leered. I turned to see Harry walking over towards us. Probably to come get me so we could go to class. "My father and I have a bet, you see. I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament." Draco jumped down from the tree and got in Harry's face, "He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five." Malfoy and his friends started laughing.

Harry charged forward and pushed Draco in the chest agressively, "I don't give a damn what you or your father thinks, Malfoy. He's vile and cruel, and you're just pathetic." Harry turned away and stalked off back towards the school without me.