Year Five - Part Six

"It's here." I said as I led us to the empty stretch of wall. "Just say what you want, Harry."

Harry looked at me skeptically, "Alright. We need somewhere to learn to fight. Just give us a place to practice... somewhere we can't be found."

"Harry, it's working." said Hermione excitedly.

A highly polished door had appeared in the wall. It looked different than the one I had entered through last school year. Ron was staring at it, looking slightly wary. Harry reached out and opened it, leading the way for us all.

The room was spacious. Not quite as big as the last time, but more than enough space for our lessons. The walls were lined with wooden bookcases, and Hermione ran over to them immediately. "Just look at these books!" said Hermione excitedly, running afinger along the spines of the large leather-bound tomes. "A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions, The DarkArts Outsmarted, Self-Defensive Spellwork... wow!"

"There's everything we need here." I grinned as I admired it some more. There was a gentle knock ad the door and more students piled in. Ginny, Neville, Lavender, Parvati, and Dean had arrived.

"Whoa," said Dean, staring around, impressed. "What is this place?"

We had to explain the room every time someone new had arrived. Everyone had gotten Hermione's message about our meetings beginning, and by 8 everyone was there and ready to go.

"Well," said Harry, slightly nervously. "This is the place we've found for practices, and you've obviously found it too."

"It's fantastic!" said Cho. She was looking at Harry with stars in her eyes as others nodded in agreement. "I didn't even think about it being used this way."

"It's bizarre," said Fred, frowning around at it. "We once hid from Filch in here, remember, George? But it was just a broom cupboard then."

"The room changes into whatever you need it to be." I snapped. Fred looked at me sadly and nodded.

"I've been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do firstand — er —" Harry stopped when he noticed Hermione raising her hand like he was a professor. "What, Hermione?"

"I think we ought to have a name," she said brightly, her hand still in the air. "It would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" said Angelina hopefully.

"Or the Ministry of Magic Are Morons Group?" suggested Fred.

"They're not the only moron." I muttered.

"You got something to say, Olivia. Then Say it with your whole chest." Fred snapped.

"I was thinking," said Hermione, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside meetings."

"The Defense Association?" said Cho thoughtfully. "The DA."

"Let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?" Ginny said. Cho made a face. She much preferred her own suggestion, but everyone else seemed to agree with Ginny.

Hermione pinned the piece of paper with all of our names on it on the wall and wrote DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY across the top in large letters.

"Right," said Harry, when she had sat down again, "shall we get practicing then? I was thinking the first thing we should do is Expelliarmus, you know, the Disarming Charm. I know it's pretty basic but I've found it really useful."

"Oh please," said Zacharias Smith, rolling his eyes and folding his arms. "I don't think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?"