Year Six - Part Nine

"Ronald Weasley!" I shouted as I walked to the table for breakfast. A couple of people turned their heads to look at me, "Happy birthday, mate!"

"Thanks." He said through a mouthful of pancake. "Did you get me anything?"

"Obviously." I said as I shoved a wrapped gift forward across the table to him. "What kind of friend do you think I am?"

He opened it and exclaimed happily. "An autograph from Gordon Horton! Brilliant! He's my favorite player on the Chudley Cannons. How did you know?"

"How long have we been friends?" I laughed, "He's all you used to talk about. Him, and Viktor Krum, and I don't think you want his autograph.

"Already have it. Hermione got it for me." Ron said glumly before he smiled at his present again, "Thanks Liv."

"Who is that from?" Lavender frowned as she sat down. "You opened their present before you opened mine?"

"It's from Liv." Ron suddenly looked uncomfortable as he pointed at me while still holding the autograph. "I didn't know I had to wait."

"Oh, as long as it's just from Olivia, I suppose that's fine." She said as she kissed Ron on the cheek. Lavender wasn't threatened by me and thought we were friends now so she was fine with me giving him gifts. However, if Hermione had given him something I know she would be livid, "Here's my present, Won Won." Lavender gushed as she handed him a package.

I winced at the sound of Ron's nickname and his ears turned red. He fumbled with the package and opened it. "Errrr.... A purple jumper?" He asked as he held it up.

"It's Lavender." She corrected him, "As in me?"

"Oh that's lovely." I giggled. Ron shot me a glare, "Put in on Won- I mean Ron. We all want to see."

"Yes!" Lavender squealed. Ron turned even more bright red as he pulled the sweater on over his head. "Oh you look so good, Won Won!"

"Thanks, Lav." He forced a smile. "I've got to meet Harry now."

"Oh! I'll walk with you." She said excitedly. Ron sighed and nodded his head. He gave me a pleading look with his eyes as they walked off together. You could hear people shouting about his sweater as he walked by.

I caught Draco's eye across the hall. He was laughing at Ron too. Things had been strained recently. We still had time for our little rendezvous, but what was missing was quality time. Draco just kept telling me he had lots of school work to catch up on.

Dean slid in to the seat across from me, blocking my view of my boyfriend. I smiled at him warmly. "How can I help you today, Dean?"

"I talked to Clara this morning." He smiled widely at me. He couldn't contain his excitement.

"Did you now?" I raised a brow at him and smirked.

"Yeah, she explained a lot of things to me." He nodded before leaning in close to me, so no one else would overhear, "If I ever get the chance I am going to kill Theodore Nott."

"Get in line." I rolled my eyes. I glanced over at the Slytherin table and Theo was now talking intently to Draco who looked wholly uninterested by his company.

"I'm supposed to meet up with her in a bit. She said you would know where?" Dean asked.

"Does she expect me to take you there?" I asked.

Dean scratched his head, "I mean... yes?"

I groaned, "I don't want to be in the middle, mate. You two have your own thing without me. Is she there now?"