Year Four - Part Five

All was well now that Harry and Ron made up. Though most of the school was still acting cold towards Harry, the Gryffindor students had more than forgiven him after his Tournament win. It made navigating Hogwarts much easier for me. We didn't have to eat alone anymore, so I was practically over the moon.

Hermione was reading the paper intently when she threw it down and groaned, "Look at this! I can't believe she's done it again." Hermione began to read the paper aloud, "Miss Granger, a plain, but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter is taking this latest emotional blow."

I let out a quiet giggle. "Harry, how are you taking the news?"

"I'm devastated." Harry said. Ron's face had turned red and he wasn't speaking to us. Hermione didn't notice, but I certainly did.

A young boy came up to our table. He looked like a first year. "Parcel for you, Mr Weasely." He held out a package for Ron to take.

"Thank you, Nigel." Ron said as he accepted it. Ron started opening the package eagerly while the boy still stood there just staring at Harry.

"Um... this is odd." I said quietly. Ron looked up and saw the boy still standing there.

"Not now, Nigel. Later. Go on now." He shooed the boy away and Nigel left looking disappointed, "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph." Ron shrugged. "Look, Mum's sent me something." He pulled out a frilly looking garment and winced, "Mum sent me a dress?"

"Well it does match your eyes." Harry laughed, "Is there a bonnet?" He pulled out more frilly lace from Ron's package and Ron scoweled.

"Ginny, these must be for you." Ron said as he tried to hand them off to his sister.

"I'm not wearing that." She laughed, "It's ghastley."

"And ancient." I wrinkled my nose.

Hermione began to laugh at Ron and he focused on her, "What are you on about?"

"They're not for Ginny. They're for you. It's dress robes." She explained.

"Dress robes?" Ron looked shocked, "For what?"

"You didn't read the memo in the common room, I suppose." I rolled my eyes.

"Should I have?" Ron asked.

"There's going to be a dance." I laughed and used a mockingly posh sounding voice, "A Yule Ball."

"We have to dance?" Harry said nervously.

"Yeah, you especially Harry." I told him, "You're one of the champions. We have lessons with McGonagall after breakfast today."

"What?" Ron's jaw dropped, "You're joking."

"Read the memos, Ronald." Hermione rolled her eyes. She got up from her seat, "Olivia, walk there with me?"

"With pleasure." I smiled as I got up too. "See you boys there. I hope you brought your dancing shoes! Check the package, Ron. Maybe there's some in there to match."

We both giggled and headed off together. Once we were alone in the corridor, Hermione pulled me aside. "Olivia... I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Yeah, go on then?" I said. Hermione looked really nervous to speak.

"Viktor already asked me to the Yule Ball." She said quietly.

"Oh my god! That's amazing." I told her excitedly, "You're probably the first girl to get asked at all."

"I told him I would think about it." Hermione bit her lip.