Year Three - Part Seven

Over the next few weeks, I spent most of my free time in the presence of Draco Malfoy. By the end of our month of detention Professor Snape was going to have us responsible for the school looking spotless.

It was my first free Saturday I had seen in a while when Cedric Diggory came up to me at breakfast. "No detention today, I hope?" He grinned at me.

I smiled, "No, not today! I have paid back my debt to society and I am now a free woman."

"Great." He said. He smiled showing off his perfect smile, "That means you're free to go to Hogsmeade with me today."

My face fell as I thought about what Draco Malfoy had told me about Madam Puddifoot's Tea Room. I looked over at Hermione who had stopped buttering her toast to listen to our conversation. She looked at me wide-eyed and nodded her head. Ron, who had also stopped to listen as well, didn't look totally pleased.

"We already had plans to go to Hogsmeade as a group." Ron said with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Oh." Cedric's face fell just like mine had only a moment ago.

"You should go, Olivia." Hermione urged me. "Ron and I can manage on our own for a few hours."

"I wouldn't be so sure." I laughed and looked at them warily, "You two might tear each other apart with all your constant fighting."

Hermione scowled before looking at Cedric, "Olivia will go with you, Cedric."

"Great." Cedric smiled excitedly and looked at me. "Do you want to leave around noon?"

"Sounds wonderful." I forced a smile at him, "I'll meet you in the courtyard."

"I'll be waiting." He smiled before he went to rejoin his Hufflepuff friends. They had been watching the entire thing curiously. They weren't the only ones though. At the Ravenclaw table I saw Cho Chang, who I had assumed was Cedric's girlfriend before this, glaring at me. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into here.

"Boy, am I glad Fred wasn't here to see that." Ron sighed once we were alone again.

"Why would Fred care?" Hermione asked as she finally took a bite of her toast.

Ron's eyes met mine and he shook his head, "No reason... I just don't think he likes Diggory very much."

Hermione shook her head, "That can't be. Everyone likes Cedric Diggory."

I started to get anxious as I thought more about today. Was this a date? Was he just taking me out to snog me? Or were we just friends? Did I want more than to be friends? I hadn't thought so before this, but he was really cute. I tried to weigh my options, but it became overwhelming. I stood up from the table quickly and looked at Hermione with worry in my eyes. She looked at me in understanding the way only a best friend could and stood up too.

"Wait, where are you two going?" Ron asked with a mouth full of fruit.

"Girl stuff." Hermione answered, "Just meet us at the courtyard to go to Hogsmeade at noon."

We went to the Gryffindor common room quickly talking about outfits the entire way. It was winter now, so there weren't many options that didn't include full-body coats scarves.I sat on my bed while Hermione rifled through my wardrobe. "How is this?" She asked as she held up a sweater dress.

I shook my head no, "No dresses. I don't want to look too dressed up."

"Very well." She sighed and looked again. She pulled out a burgundy turtleneck sweater and a pair of black wool leggings. "What about this?"