Year Seven - Part One

After very little deliberation, we ended up going to Grimmauld Place. The place was in a state of disarray. It didn't look like we had spent any time that summer cleaning it all up. A patronus soared through the house towards us and landed on the floor in front of us. It solidified into a weasel and it spoke in Arthur's voice. "Family safe, do not reply, we are being watched." The patronus dissolved away.

Ron nearly burst into tears he was so relieved and Hermione hugged him, "They're all right, they're all right!" We all turned to look at Harry expectantly.

"It's your family, of course you're worried. I'd feel the same way." Harry said.

"I think we all feel the same way about the Weasley family." I said quietly. Hermione had Ron, I had Fred, and Harry had Ginny. Everyone else in the Weasley clan was like our family too, and not just Ron's anymore.

We all slept in the living room that night. None of us felt confident sleeping alone in any of the rooms upstairs. Not after what we had been through tonight. It was one of the worst sleeps of my entire life. I kept having nightmares about the astronomy tower and I kept seeing Draco's tear stained face every time I closed my eyes. I woke up very early and was unable to get back to sleep. It appeared that Harry was dealing with the same levels of insomnia That I was. I knew that Harry had to be experiencing his own nightmares.

We were convinced in the morning that Hermione and Ron had fallen asleep holding hands. Their faces were inches apart from one another when we checked on them. I think the two of us were having similar feelings of loneliness being with Ron and Hermione like this.

I got up to make breakfast for us with whatever I could find in the kitchen while Harry got up and wandered around the house. I grimaced as I opened the cabinets. There wasn't much to work with since no one had been living here for quite a while. I managed to turn some old canned goods into something edible, which was more than we could have hoped for. It was some corn, beans and rice all mixed together. It was a weird texture combination more so than a weird flavor, but I did my best to make it work. It was certainly better than starving.

Just as I had finished serving the meal into bowls, Ron rushed into the kitchen looking very alarmed. His faced softened when he saw me, "Oh thank Merlin. There you are."

"Ron! I've found him!" Hermione shouted from upstairs.

"Good! Tell him from me he's a git! I've found Olivia too!" Ron shouted back. He turned to look at me with concern. "We thought you two were gone when we woke up alone in there."

"No. We just don't have a need to sleep in like you two do." I teased him, "You and Hermione looked awfully cozy though, so we didn't want to wake you."

Ron turned crimson, "Shut up, Liv."

"Ron! Olivia! Get up here!" Hermione shouted again. Ron grabbed a bowl of the food I prepared and was eagerly eating it as we walked upstairs to join our friends. He looked like an animal eating from a trough with how quickly he was trying to scarf it all down.

"What's up?" I asked as we reached the second floor landing. Ron was still shoveling the food into his mouth like he was in a race against the clock except nobody was competing except for him.

"I'm going to have you cook all of our meals from now on, Liv. This is really good." He grinned at me.

"I'm glad you like it." I wrinkled my nose in disgust, "It was all expired." Ron shrugged completely unbothered and kept eating it anyway.

"Pay attention!" Hermione scowled. She pointed towards the wall and I returned my focus to it.

"R.A.B" I read aloud. "Wait, that's just Like the locket!"