Summer - Part Three

All of the Weasleys were buzzing with excitement as we climbed the stairs to find our seats at the quidditch world cup, but the farther up into the stands that we went, the less enthused they were becoming. Ron in particular was starting to have a really foul mood.

"Blimey, Dad! How far up are we?" Ron complained for what felt like the thousandth time.

I felt my blood run cold as a familiar voice called up to us from a level below, "Well put it this way, if it rains you'll be the first to know."

We all peered over the railing to see Lucius and Draco Malfoy laughing at us. Draco was wearing the same black Italian suit he had worn all summer long. I guess this was just going to be his signature look from now on until eternity. He looked stylish and rich, but it lacked any form of personality. In that way, the outfit was very apt for him, I thought.

When Draco and I locked eyes he smirked at me. There was an annoying twinkle in his eye that probably would have made any other girl swoon. Lucius noticed us looking at each other and got irrationally angry. "Don't stare at mudbloods." Lucius said to his son before sneering at me, "It's disgusting." Fred put a defensive hand on my shoulder, that I felt thankful for. It was nice that some people had my back.

Draco glared at his father for a split-second before he looked up at us again. This time he made sure to look at Harry Potter and avoided any eye contact with me at all. "Father and I are in the minister's box. By personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge, himself!" The boy seemed positively giddy to be able to share this information with us. I couldn't really care less.

Lucius hit his son in the stomach with the silver end of his walking stick. "Don't boast Draco. There's no need with these people." He looked at all of us again with disgust before a sinister smile appeared on his face, "Do enjoy yourselves won't you... While you can."

Lucius had definitely put a damper on all of our moods, but the feeling went away as we finally reached our seats. "Come on. Take your seats. I told you these seats would be worth waiting for!" Arthur said excitedly.

When we got there, Cedric was sitting with his father. They both waved us over.

"Go sit by him." Hermione whispered in my ear. I nodded and moved forward. Fred was right behind me though, so I was squished in between them. Neither looked too happy about it, but they each smiled genuinely whenever they looked at me. We made it just in time to watch the teams get introduced. The Irish team flew right in front of our faces and the Weasley twins lost their minds cheering for each of their favorite team members.

Fireworks shaped like a leprechaun lit up and I could feel the warmth emitting from them.

"Here come the Bulgarians!" Fred shouted excitedly. Ron just about lost his mind and nearly fell over the railing because of how excited he was to watch Viktor Krum and his teammates. They were doing all kinds of tricks and maneuvers that I had never even seen before.

"Who is that?" Hermione asked as she pointed to the fastest, most impressive one of the group.

"That's the best seeker in the world." George said mimicking his younger brother.

The crowd started cheering for Viktor Krum as he waved to the crowd.

"He waved right at me!" Ron said excitedly. He looked like he may even cry. I laughed and rolled my eyes. I had never seen Ron be such a fanatic before.

"Good evening! As Minister For Magic it gives me great pleasure to welcome each and every one of you to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup!" Cornelius Fudge's voice echoed across the arena. "Let the match begin."