Year Four - Part Eight

I woke up the next morning on the couch in the common room with Fred Weasley's arms around me and very little recollection of last nights events. Just as I sat up, Fred's own eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me.

"Did you sleep alright?" He asked with growing concern as he became more awake and aware.

"What time is it?" I groaned as my head started throbbing. I felt absolutely vile.

Fred looked at the clock on the wall, "Still early enough that no one will be up for a while."

"What happened last night?" I asked him.

Fred shrugged, "I don't know that much. You came back here with Viktor Krum and you were crying a lot. You said something about Draco Malfoy and Theodore Nott fighting and asked me to stay with you all night. So I did."

"I don't remember any of that." I muttered. I tried to concentrate hard, but the last thing I really remembered was getting my second glass of firewhisky from Goyle.

Fred grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. "It's alright. Viktor said you were fine. He's probably going to keep an eye on you though. Fair warning."

I snorted laughing and it made my head pound, "That sounds like an excuse to find more reasons to be around Hermione if you ask me. But there are worse things than having Viktor Krum as your personal bodyguard."

Fred laughed, "What's going on there between him and Hermione e? Ron wants to know."

"I dunno. Hermione likes Viktor somewhat, but I can tell her heart is elsewhere." I shrugged while Fred nodded his head knowing what I meant by that, "Thank you for staying with me all night."

Fred grinned, "I'd do anything for you. You know this."

"Yeah, but you were awfully cross with me during the dance." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I was just jealous." Fred gave me a funny look as he admitted that to me. "I mean what did Malfoy do to deserve to take the prettiest girl at Hogwarts to the Yule Ball?"

I blushed, "Don't be jealous of Malfoy."

"Then maybe don't go on any more dates with him if you can help it." Fred laughed. I shoved him playfully. We still sat cuddling on the couch in silence for a few moments before I shifted my body to get up, "I, uh.... I probably need to go shower and throw up. Not in that order." I winced as I got to my feet and the room still felt a little spinny.

I got ready for the day and crawled back into my own bed for a few minutes of comfort before everyone else got up. Hermione woke me up again only a few minutes after I had fallen back asleep. "How late were you out last night?" She asked me quietly, so she didn't wake up Lavender.

"I honestly don't even know." I whispered back as I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Her eyes were searching my face and she looked worried.

"You look awful." She said. "Are you doing alright?"

"I feel awful." I groaned and leaned back over.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me out of bed, "Lets get some breakfast in you."

The thought of breakfast made me feel sick. I thought I might throw up again, but Hermione persisted. I knew everyone was talking about me as we walked through the halls, though I still had very little clue as to what they could be saying. All I knew was that Theodore Nott and Draco Malfoy got into some sort of fight, and it was my fault. I briefly explained all of this to Hermione, and more importantly I explained to her how the Slytherins have a secret place for parties that everyone in the school attends except for us.