Year Six - Part Eleven

Harry came back to the common room about an hour after he left to search for Slughorn in a complete rush.  "I haven't got time," Harry panted, "Dumbledore thinks I'm getting my Invisibility Cloak. Listen. I'm going with him to search for something... it's called a horcrux. I don't have much time to explain any further about what that means, but its important to defeating Voldemort. "...so you see what this means? Dumbledore won't be here tonight, so Malfoy's going to have another clear shot at whatever he's up to."

"What do you mean, what Malfoy's up to?" I asked.

Hermione looked guilty, "You've been gone so much lately, we hadn't told you everything about what Harry's uncovered."

"Why not?" My mouth gaped open. I was furious.

"No, listen to me!" Harry said angrily. He had no time for interruptions from any of us. "I know it was Malfoy in the Room of Requirement. Here." He shoved the Marauder's Map into Hermione's hand. "You've got to watch him and you've got to watch Snape, too. Use anyone else who you can rustle up from the DA."

We nodded in understanding, but I was still fuming that they had kept me out of the loop for so long- all of them had.

"Dumbledore says he's put extra protection in the school, but if Snape's involved, he'll know what Dumbledore's protection is, and how to avoid it, but he won't be expecting you lot to be on the watch, will he?" Harry said excitedly.

"Harry--" I tried to say, but he cut me off.

"I haven't got time to argue," said Harry curtly. "Take this as well." He handed Ron the vial of Felix Felicis, or what was left of it at least. "Share it between yourselves and Ginny too. Say goodbye to her from me. I'd better go, Dumbledore's waiting."

"No!" said Hermione. "You'll need it for your journey with Dumbledore."

"I'Il be fine, I'll be with Dumbledore," said Harry. "I want to know you lot are okay...don't look like that, Hermione, I'll see you later..." He smiled at all of us nervously before rushing off again.

When he was gone we all sprung into action. I was reluctant, but was not showing it. How could I have been so blinded by love all year and not see that my boyfriend was up to something? Even Clara, my stupid little sister, had warned me and I ignored it for my own selfish reasons.

"I'll go get Ginny and Neville." Hermione said quickly before running upstairs to fetch them.

Ron spread out the map and we all looked at it together.

"Dra- er, Malfoy isn't on the map." I said after I had finished scanning it.

"He must be in the Room of Requirement." Ron said. He nodded at Ginny and Neville as they joined us.

"What's going on?" Neville asked sounding concerned.

"There's going to be an attack tonight. Harry is sure of it." Ron explained everything that Harry had told us to the two of them. Hermione was working hard to try and alert other members of the DA, but was not having much success. "We need to keep watch on the Room of Requirement." Ron continued. "Who is up for it?"

"I'll go." I volunteered. I wanted to see Draco with my own two eyes.

"I'll go too." Ginny said.

"Me too." Neville added.

"Alright. That's a good group." Ron agreed. "You should head there now. Drink some of this first." He held out the vial. I took it from him and drank from it before passing it to Ginny. It took effect immediately, and I felt all light and bubbly inside.

"Alright, let's go!" I exclaimed. I led my team to the stretch of hallway that the room of requirement was on. I fully expected us to be able to get inside. We had taken some of that potion. But the competing type of magic at work here cancelled each other out.