Year Seven - Part Seven

Draco shook me awake so early in the morning that it was still dark out. I glared at him and put the pillow over my head and tried to go back to sleep. "Olivia, wake up." He groaned and shook me again. "I'm not messing about."

"No." My voice was muffled by the pillow, but I knew he could still hear me.

"Olivia Penelope Fern." Draco said sternly as he pulled the covers away letting all the frigid air hit my body at once. "Wake up." I took the pillow off my head and glared at him. He looked distressed.

"What do you want?" I hissed as I sat up to meet his eye line.

"Merlin, you are completely helpless in the mornings." Draco sighed. He was right. I was not a morning person at all. "I have to get you back down to the cellar before anyone notices." He sounded exasperated. My heart sank as everything came flooding back to me. I remembered where I was now. It was hard to believe that only a year ago I would have probably been delighted to be woken up by Draco in his own bed. Under completely different circumstances, of course.

"About time." I rolled my eyes and hopped out of the bed. I slept in my clothes, so it was just a matter of getting down to the cellar undetected. "Wait." I stopped short of the doorway and ran over to his bookshelf. I grabbed a few books at random and held them close to my chest before rejoining Draco who was waiting rather impatiently. "I need something to do down there all day. I might as well read."

Draco raised a brow, "Writing about how my mum is a cow on the walls of the cellar isn't keeping you as entertained as you thought it might?"

I grinned, "You read that, eh? I think I can be more creative than that. I just need to think about it more. Give me time."

"Write about someone else next time, please." He scowled as he looked out into the hallway warily to make sure no one was coming before venturing out. He made sure I was close behind him.

"Awww, I've upset Mummy's wittle baby." I whispered sarcastically as I followed him down the staircase.

"There's just a lot more deserving people to have horrible things written about them." Draco explained. His eyes continued to dart back and forth as we wandered through the foyer and towards the cellar staircase.

"I think she's pretty deserving." I scoffed, "She bloody hates me."

"She doesn't hate you..." Draco paused as he fiddled with the lock on the door. He managed to open it pretty easily, "She just doesn't know you."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm muggle born, that's all she needs to know. It's the same reason you hated me for so long." I walked past Draco and through the open doorway. We stared at each other from opposite sides of the door for what felt like an eternity.

Draco sighed and closed the door on me. He hesitated, but then looked back at me through the gate, "You must know that I have never hated you, Olivia Fern. I've been infatuated with you since the first time we met in Madam Malkin's when we were eleven years old. Do you remember?" I nodded my head, but I was rendered completely speechless, so he continued to speak, "It killed me to find out you weren't a pureblooded witch. I fought my feelings for a long time because of it, but eventually I decided that it didn't matter, and here we are."

"Yeah, here we are." I repeated back to him sarcastically as I looked at the prison cell I was standing in, "You're right about one other thing, too. It really doesn't matter. You're a death eater and I'm a mudblood and nothing will ever change that fact. So go on find the rest of them and have fun torturing someone or whatever it is you do. You've certainly had enough practice on me over the years."

"You don't have to call yourself that." Draco gave me one last desperate glance before he stormed off up the stairs. Once he was gone I threw his books across the cellar with so much force that some of the pages flew out. It caused all of the other sleeping prisoners to stir awake.