Year Five - Part Nine

It was that time again where we all found ourselves in the Room of Requirement. I had been glum lately and had put most of my efforts into studying for OWLs and much less of it into socializing.

The only time Fred and I really saw each other was in these meetings, and even then we stayed on opposite sides of the room. George was trying his best to remain neutral and continue speaking to me, though it was tough considering it was his twin brother I had hurt.

"Fred is coming around." Ginny assured me as we continued practicing our patronus spells. It was near impossible for me given how depressed I had been. "He didn't walk out of the room last night when your name came up in conversation."

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up. Keep trying." Harry said as he walked by.

I rolled my eyes, "That makes me feel loads better, Ginny. Thank you."

"A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce... but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents." Harry walked by again. He was beginning to annoy me. It wasn't really Harry's fault though. He was trying to be an encouraging teacher, and I was just frustrated. "Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused. So focus, Luna. Think of the happiest thing you can."

I stopped what I was doing to watch as the girl's patronus took the form of a rabbit and hopped around the room.

"This is really advanced stuff, guys. You're doing so well." Harry assured everyone.

"Do you hear that?" I asked Ginny.

"Hear what?" She replied. "I don't hear anything.

There was a low rumbling sound and as I focused on it, it got louder. The chandelier in the center of the room started to sway and the lights flickered.

Harry walked towards the wall that was shaking. BOOM. He went flying backwards as a hole exploded in the wall.

"I'll make short work of this. Bombarda Maxima." I could hear Umbridge say. There was another loud explosion and the hole in the wall was big enough for people to fit through. Behind her was the entire Inquisitorial Squad looking at us hungrily along with Cho Chang who looked guilty. She definitely ratted us all out. "Get them." Umbridge ordered.

There was a frenzy as students all tried to run in different directions. I thought I could get away, but I was cornered by Theodore Nott and my sister, Clara.

"We got one!" She said shrilly as each of them grabbed me by my school robes and pushed me forward. Draco had caught Harry, but most of our other friends had managed to flee.

"Let's get these troublemakers down to the Headmaster immediately." Umbridge said.

We were marched all the way to his office. I didn't like the way that Nott was touching me. It made me uncomfortable and a buried memory of him twinged at me subconscious like it was begging to be released.

Cornelius Fudge was already waiting when we got there and Umbridge got straight to explaining how she had caught us red handed.

"We've been watching them for weeks. And see, Dumbledore's Army... proof of what I've been telling you right from the beginning, Cornelius."

My eyes flickered to Percy Weasley who was now the one holding on to Harry. Draco, still standing close by, looked excited as he held out the list with all of our names on it so Fudge could read it.

"All your fear-mongering about You-Know-Who never fooled us for a minute. We saw your lies for what they were: A smokescreen for your bid to seize control of the Ministry."