The End / Previews

Thank you so much to everyone who has read this fanfic in its entirety. Your reads, votes and comments mean the absolute world to me. I'd like to share some of the other stories I've been working on with you all. Perhaps if you liked this one so much you'd be inclined to read one of my other stories!

(May 2021) Umm.... I don't really like this story anymore. It has a lot of faults, but I know other people enjoy it so I keep it up. I'm much prouder of my more recent works. But again, thanks for reading.

All the best,
Becca

Numb Without You (Draco Malfoy)

Post-war Life has not been easy for Rory Dolohov

Post-war Life has not been easy for Rory Dolohov. It is a heavy burden to bare being the daughter of one of the most feared Death Eaters there ever was. Just when she thought she had finally gotten her life back on track, a platinum blond from her past came tumbling back into it.

"They say once you've been marked, you're marked for life. I was reminded of that fact every single day. Though the war was long over, my forearm never stopped burning. It was a white-hot constant connection to my past life. One that I never truly felt a part of, but one could never truly leave behind.

You see, when you're a Death Eater, people treat you different. Back then, they used to cower in fear and do whatever we wished. But that was then, and this is now. Now, I couldn't go down the street without people turning their backs on me. I was a social pariah. We all were. It's not my fault. None of it was. I didn't ask for this life. It was forced upon me, just like so many of my fellow children of Death Eaters.

Sure, in the past we reaped the benefits while others suffered. But who wouldn't have?

I'll never forget the day I was released from Azkaban. I had never been more thankful to see a mudblood in my entire life. Hermione Granger was my saving grace. She worked so hard to make sure that children of Death Eater's got a reduced sentence and community service. She understood that we were just raised this way. It wasn't who we really were. Because of her I learned that I had a choice. We all did.

I had just finished with my year of community service as a healer at St. Mungo's. It was excruciating to say the least, but not for the reasons you would expect. I found that the work was very fulfilling, when people would let me help them, but often times I didn't get the opportunity. So many patients turned me away or requested other healers. Ones that didn't have the mark. I wasn't trusted there. I wasn't really trusted anywhere."