Year Seven - Part Two

The days blended together at Grimmauld Place as we tried to formulate a plan. We knew we had to get into the Ministry undetected somehow. It felt near impossible considering Hermione and I were mudbloods, Ron was a blood traitor, and Harry Potter was Undesirable Number One. I kept busy during the days as I was tasked with brewing up some Polyjuice Potion. It was almost ready at this point. The Death Eaters were still loitering outside every single day, but you could tell they were growing wary and bored. We were all sitting around getting ready to eat dinner that Kreature had prepared for us when Harry strode in and threw a copy of todays newspaper on the table.

SEVERUS SNAPE CONFIRMED AS HOGWARTS HEADMASTER

That was the headline. We all gasped in unison. I snatched the paper up to read it aloud, "Severus Snape, long-standing Potions master at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, was today appointed Headmaster in the most important of several staffing changes at the ancient school. Following the resignation of the previous Muggle Studies teacher, Alecto Carrow will take over the postwhile her brother, Amycus, fills the position of Defence Against the Dark Arts professor."

"The Carrows?" Ron stared at us blankly.

"Death eaters." Harry said with a frown, "They were in the astronomy tower that night." I nodded in agreement. I recognized their faces in the paper from that night. I pulled the newspaper up closer to my face so I could read it better to myself while Harry and Ron kept talking about the Carrow siblings. I barely noticed that They had grown silent until Ron snatched the paper out of my hands.

"What did you do that for?" I scowled. Ron flipped to the back of the newspaper and pointed to a picture of my own face. Hermione's picture was right next to it.

"You're wanted for interrogation. You both missed your hearings." He said.

"Hearings for what?" I asked as I snatched back the paper. "Being Muggle-Born?" My eyes widened as they landed on Clara's picture. "Oh no, they're looking for Clara too."

"They won't find her." Harry assured me. "Lupin said it would be near impossible."

"Clara always has a way of finding herself in trouble." I said with a frown as I handed the paper back to Ron. "She doesn't want to be in hiding in the first place. I saw that as only a temporary solution Lupin had come up with anyway."

The very next day the Polyjuice potion was ready, which meant we were ready to put our plan into action. We left the safety of Grimmauld Place to go downtown to the Ministry of Magic. Harry and Ron did a good job of procuring random ministry members for each of us to impersonate.

"Right. Remember what we said. Keep your eyes down. Don't speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary. Act as normal as possible. Just do what you see everyone else doing." Hermione said as she divided the potions among us. We each had the hairs of the person we were changing into in our hands, "We do that and with a bit of luck we get ourselves inside. And then..."

"It gets really tricky." I finished her thought for her.

"Correct." Hermione grimaced.

"This is completely mental." Harry said.

"Completely, utterly, without question." I agreed.

"The world's mental." Ron shrugged. "Come on, drink up. We've got a Horcrux to find."

"Cheers." I chuckled before downing my potion. This did not get any easier to drink over the years. Once the transformations started we quickly changed into the clothes of the unconscious people in front of us.

"In case you're interested, I'm Reg Cattermole, Magical Maintenance Department." Ron said as he looked in the real Reg's wallet.

"Mafalda Hopkirk, assistant in the Improper Use of Magic Office." Hermione said.