Year Seven - Part Three

When I opened my eyes I was staring up at the trees. Light shone through them and warmed me up inside. I felt calm and at peace. I contemplated that maybe I had died and this was what heaven might be like. I was shaken from this fantasy by the cries of agony to my right that sounded like they were coming from Ron.

"Shhh. It's alright. It's okay." Hermione whispered. I sat up and winced in pain. It was all coming back to me. I had landed on the ground, hard, and the adrenaline that had fueled me before was wearing off, so the pain was now seeping in.

"Harry, quickly, in my bag, there's a small bottle labeled 'Essence of Dittany.'" Hermione ordered Harry. I got up and brushed myself off before heading over to Ron's side. He looked like he was in terrible shape and hewas soaked in blood. Harry rushed back over with the potion and handed it to Hermione.

"Was he splinched?" I asked. Hermione nodded and looked like she might cry.

"What happened? I thought we were going back to Grimmauld Place." Harry asked as Hermione began to pour the potion on his arm. Ron kept flailing in pain with every drop.

"We were. We were there. But Yaxley had hold of me. I knew we couldn't stay once he'd seen, so when he let go I brought us here. Ron got Splinched. I'm... sorry." Hermione's last words came out in a choked sob. She was feeling responsible for Ron's injury. Ron's wounds began to heal and he had calmed down quite a bit. He was no longer bleeding which was a good sign.

"You did the right thing, Hermione." I assured her without looking away from Ron's face. "He would have been able to get in to the hideout and we couldn't risk that." I looked up at Harry, "I don't think we can go back. Not now, and probably not ever."

Hermione stood up and started muttering charms to herself. "Salvio Hexia... Protego Totalum..."

"What are you doing?" Harry asked.

"Protective enchantments. I don't fancy another visit like we had on Shaftesbury Avenue, do you? Especially with Ron like this. You can get going on the tent." Hermione told us.

"Tent? Where am I supposed to find that?" Harry asked.

"Check The bag, Ravenclaw." I smirked. He looked in his hand. He was still holding Hermione's enchanted purse, so he began digging around inside it until he found what he was looking for. I helped Harry put up the tent using our wands while Hermione continued with her enchantments around the forest. Harry and I both had to help lead Ron inside and got him to lie down on one of the beds. The last time I had been in this tent was the quidditch World Cup. That was the beginning of everything that led us here. In hindsight we should have been more aware.

It had become my job to tend to Ron while Hermione and Harry took shifts outside the tent standing watch. Hermione had come in at one point with mushrooms for us to eat that she had foraged. We didn't have any other form of food because we hadn't planned to be gone from Grimmauld Place this long, so I forced Ron to eat it.

"These are bloody awful." Ron muttered to me as he choked them down. You knew it had to be awful if Ron Weasley didn't want to eat it.

"Yeah, well be nice about it in front of Hermione." I whispered back to him, "She's trying her best. We don't have any other food at the moment." I looked outside to make sure they were still out of earshot.

"I want to listen to my radio. Can you get it for me?" Ron asked. I nodded and went to find it. I brought it back to him a few minutes later and he dialed it in to the correct station right away. "I've been listening for anyone we know to go missing." He told me lowly.

"And?" I asked worriedly. I was growing concerned.

"No one yet." Ron told me. "Could be any day now though." We sat quietly together while we listened to the radio. So far the news was focused on our trip to the ministry. Everyone was interested in a Harry Potter sighting, I'm sure. Ron looked at me and frowned.