Year Four - Part One

I saw Clara waiting on the platform when we arrived for the train to Hogwarts. She ran forward and wrapped her arms around me into the biggest hug I think I have ever received in my life.

"I was worried sick!" She said, "I know you wrote that you were okay, but still!"

"You didn't tell Mum, did you?" I asked her with concern.

"Of course not." Clara scoffed, "I'm not an idiot."

"Good. There's no need to worry her with these things." I nodded. "Let's get on the train before it leaves without us." When I climbed aboard and started leading Clara in one direction, she pulled away to go in another.

"I'm going with the Slytherins." She said.

"Oh." I said quietly. The thought still made me upset, but I had to understand that Slytherins were her peers and it was better that she was getting along with them instead of them bullying her nonstop. "That's fine. I suppose. I'll be over here if you get bored listening to Draco brag about how much money he has."

"He keeps the money talk to a minimum. He mostly spends his time complaining about you." Clara smirked.

"Oh?" I raised a brow and grinned, "I better up my game then this year and give him something more to complain about."

"It doesn't take much!" Clara laughed as she turned to walk away.

I found my friends waiting in a compartment alone. I sat down next to Harry in the empty seat they had saved for me. Hermione was busy reading the paper and we knew not to disturb her until she had read through it at least twice. When she was done she would give us the good pieces of information worth hearing. Ron and I spent the first hour arguing over whether or not he should get a haircut. Ron thought it looked good despite my barrage of increasingly creative insults.

"If you're going to wear in long, then please let me braid it." I begged.

"No. That would look stupid." Ron frowned.

"And it doesn't already?" I raised a brow. He scowled at me, but not for long because the snack trolley came by.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" She asked as she looked in at us.

"Do you want anything?" Harry asked me as he stood up with Ron to look at the cart.

"Thanks, but no sweets for me." I smiled. I could hear Cho Chang in the hallway ordering something. I looked over at Harry who suddenly appeared flustered. He was so flustered by her presence in fact, that he forgot to buy anything for himself and just sat back down.

"How have I not noticed this before?" I laughed at Harry as he looked at me, still in a daze. "You like Cho Chang!"

"Not so loud." He blushed. "She's... cute."

"She's also dating Cedric Diggory." I told him with a frown.

"Not if you change his mind. I heard you can be very persuasive" Harry smirked. I hit him lightly on the arm.

"Not going to happen, Potter." I laughed. "I think any interest I had in Diggory is waning."

"Still, he is quite handsome." Hermione said from behind her paper. Ron's head snapped up and he looked at her intently. When he noticed me watching him he turned red and looked away. Hermione finally put her paper down and looked at us, "This is horrible. How can the ministry not know who conjured the mark? Wasn't there any security?"

"Loads according to dad." Ron said with a mouthful of candy, "That's what worried them so much. It happened right under their noses."

Harry scratched at his head trying to look inconspicuous, but we all knew what it meant. His scar was burning.