Summer - Part Two

I kept my correspondence with Malfoy to a minimum over the next few weeks at Grimmauld Place. For one, we were trying to limit owl use as to not raise suspicions with muggles or those who may be watching. For another, I couldn't have people know I was exchanging letters with Draco Malfoy. It was embarrassing. Though he was actually quite funny via letter, and I often found myself wishing I could share his wit with the others.

They wouldn't let us write to Harry at all. They feared he was being followed and didn't want any information about the Order being intercepted. Apparently members of the Order had been following Harry around all summer and making sure he stayed safe at his muggle aunt and uncle's house.

Dumbledore had come by once or twice. We only saw him in passing. He seemed very busy. Snape was also around, and it was so weird seeing him outside of a school setting. I felt like he might give me detention just for looking at him, even though it was summer time and he had no authority to do so.

We spent weeks cleaning out the house. It was almost livable now, too. Sirius helped a lot. He was actually a delight to be around, I had found. I was constantly fascinated by his boastful stories about his time at Hogwarts, and he loved to tell me about it because I was the only one interested enough to listen. Harry would have been right there with me though, I was sure. The more Sirius told me about James Potter, the more I saw just how much Harry was like him.

"Harry's been expelled." George told me one day while I had been cleaning out a cupboard.

I was so startled that I hit my head on the door as I turned to look at him, "What? Expelled? Why?"

"Underaged magic or something." he shrugged, "Mad-Eye and the rest of them have gone to bring him back here. He's got a hearing at the ministry to review everything"

"It's about time Harry came around." I scoffed, "Been a bit weird that we're all here without him."

I could hear shouting coming from the foyer. It was a male's voice. Nothing like the portrait I was so used to hearing. I winced, "I guess that would be Harry? He sounds livid."

"You're his best friend... one of them at least. I'll leave you to deal with that." George laughed. He apparated out of the room leaving me alone. I threw the rag I had been using to clean on the floor and went out into the front of the house.

"SO YOU HAVEN'T BEEN IN THE MEETINGS, BIG DEAL!YOU'VE STILL BEEN HERE, HAVEN'T YOU? YOU'VE STILLBEEN TOGETHER! ME, I'VE BEEN STUCK AT THE DURSLEYS' FOR A MONTH! AND I'VE HANDLED MORE THANYOU'VE EVER MANAGED AND DUMBLEDOREKNOWS IT — WHO SAVED THE SORCERER'S STONE?WHO GOT RID OF RIDDLE? WHO SAVED BOTH YOURSKINS FROM THE DEMENTORS?" Harry was screaming at Ron and Hermione. I stood off to the side, not wanting to get the full extent of the shouting, but Harry noticed me out of the corner of his eye and turned on me as well. "BLOODY FANTASTIC! YOUV'VE BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME TOO, OLIVIA?"

"Harry, calm down." I said as I stepped closer, "We wanted to tell you, but-"

"CAN'T'VE WANTED TO THAT MUCH, CAN YOU, ORYOU'D HAVE SENT ME AN OWL, BUT DUMBLEDORE MADE YOU SWEAR-"

"Well, he did." Hermione interrupted. She looked like she was close to tears.

"I SUPPOSE YOU'VE BEEN HAVING A REAL LAUGH,HAVEN'T YOU? ALL HOLED UP HERE TOGETHER." Harry continued.

"I'm not talking to him when he's like this." I said to Ron and Hermione. "We're really going to let him talk to us like this?"

"Harry, we're sorry." Hermione said ignoring me, "I would be just as furious if it were me, too."

Harry took a deep breath and looked around, "What is this place, anyway?"

"Headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix." Ron said. Harry still looked clueless so Ron turned to Hermione for help.