Year Seven - Part Thirteen

Help will always be given at Hogwarts, to those who deserve it.

Daylight was coming rapidly at Hogwarts. We all gathered outside in what was left of the courtyard to see what looked like Voldemort and his followers returning from the forest where Harry was supposed to meet them. I kicked a piece of rubble and watched it fall down the remaining stairs and watched it crumble. That's about how I felt on the inside after the last evening.

"Who is that? Hagrid's carrying?" Ginny asked. My eyes shot up to stare at them. "Neville who is it?" Ginny continued to ask as her father held onto her. I pray he kept her close. Ginny was prone to outbursts, and this one could potentially be her last.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort shouted gleefully. I let out a sharp gasp as I stared at my friend's limp body in Hagrid's arms as they stood in clear view. The rest of the death eaters cheered and celebrated, taunting all of us who had fought against them.

"No!" Ginny shrieked and tried to run forward, but Arthur was quick enough to grab her and hold her back. Just as I had predicted.

"Silence! Stupid Girl!" Voldemort hissed at her. His snake-like features becoming even more apparent. "Harry Potter is dead! From this day forth you'll put your faith in me. Harry Potter is dead!" The rest of the death eaters began to laugh and cheer, "And now it's the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us... or die!"

Draco had just come outside and was lingering next to me. I looked up into his grey eyes, and they appeared sad and conflicted. He hadn't made a decision yet, despite my pleading with him. The hold his family had on him was too strong. Our hands brushed up against one another and I desperately wanted to grab his and hold it in mine, but I didn't. I new I couldn't. I was sure he felt the same way.

"Draco!" Lucius called out to his son to try and get him to join the death eaters. "Draco." He said, a bit more commanding of his son. I watched as Draco's eyes hardened as he looked at his father with hatred. He didn't move.

"Draco. Come." His mother's soft voice ordered him. He still seemed conflicted, but began to walk forward. He couldn't say no to his Mum. Not now, not ever.

"Draco." I said loudly causing him to look back at me. Everyone was staring at us. This was my one last desperate plea to him. "Don't do it. Please. For me. You're better than this. I know you are."

His eyes glistened and he paused for a moment until his mother said his name another time. I don't think he thought he was better than this. He turned away from me hanging his head low and walked towards the Death Eaters. I felt my heart shatter in that moment. It was over. I was done with him, and I wasn't holding on any longer. He had made his choice.

"Well done, Draco. Well done!" Voldemort said. I felt sick to my stomach as I watched the snake-like man hug him as Draco stood completely rigid. It was a terrifying sight to behold. No one moved for what felt like ages, until Neville began to walk forward, much to everyone's confusion.

"Well I must say I'd hoped for better. And who might you be, young man?" Voldemort asked with a frightening grin as he mocked the young man standing before him.

"Neville Longbottom." Neville said with confidence, though he couldn't look Voldemort in the eye. Bellatrix let out a loud cackle and the rest of the Death Eaters joined in.

"Well Neville. I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks." Voldemort smirked and he turned around to view his followers.