Two Years Later

"Olivia can you check the back stock room and see if we have any more copies of Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart?" Mr Blott asked as he helped a young customer.

"People still want to read that?" I laughed before going to go look for it. "Or did they add that back to the Hogwarts syllabus? I can't imagine why anyone would read that voluntarily."

I had spent most of my time over the last two years in Flourish and Blotts. My affinity for books never went away after school ended, and I didn't quite like the idea of going the Ministry route like so many of my friends chose to do. I hoped to one day own my own magical bookstore, but I was more than happy to work for my former boss until I could do so on my own.

Hermione, Ginny and I had gotten an apartment together in Diagon Alley, which essentially meant that I lived with Ron and Harry as well since they were always staying in with their girlfriends, despite having their own apartment not too far from us. Quite frankly I was getting tired of them all being coupled up all the time. It didn't help that I was painfully and perpetually single these days. They kept getting on my case every opportunity they got to force me to date again, but I refused.

"You do know that two of the men from my past both tragically died, and the third one is banned from being spoken about in this house." I would remind them. But they didn't care. They wanted to go on group date nights and me being a fifth wheel had gotten old for everybody, me included.

Hermione even tried to get me to rekindle something with Aleksandar. She was so desperate for me to find someone that she wrote to Viktor Krum for help. He refused, saying something cryptic about little albino ferrets that we both assumed got lost in translation between English and Bulgarian.

"I didn't find a copy of Magical Me, but I did find Travels with Trolls." I said as I walked back up front. I flipped the book over in my hands and brushed the dust off the cover. "Do you think that'll be alright?"

I looked up and froze in my tracks as two cold, grey eyes stared at me. I felt twelve years old again like Draco was stalking me at work. I could tell he felt the same as the smirk on his face grew into a crooked grin.

"Hi, Fern." he said cooly. It all felt so eerily familiar, kind of like we were frozen in the past.

"This bookstore is closed." I narrowed my eyes at him angrily, "Please leave before I am forced to call security." Yes, this was exactly like it was when we were twelve. I was reliving every second of it.

"You don't have security here." He laughed knowingly. "It's just you."

"Fine. I'm the security then, and if you must know we aren't actually closed. I just don't want you here." I snapped, but I couldn't stop myself and I kept rambling angrily, "We have a very strict 'No Malfoys' policy that I enforce. I can still kick your arse, don't give me a reason to remind you."

Draco seemed completely unfazed by my anger. It almost made him even more excited to see me riled up. "Olivia Fern." He said raising his brows in a way that was just so Malfoy of him, "You are just as charming as ever. I've missed you."

His words made my heart race just like it used to. But I was anything, if not stubborn. I scowled and slammed the book down on the counter with a loud thunk. Mr Blott and the customer he had been helping were nowhere in sight as I stormed right up to Draco. "You don't just get to march back into my life like this, Draco Malfoy. I've come a long way since you disappeared on me."

"I didn't disappear." He said quietly as he tilted his head to the side, "You just didn't come looking for me."

"You never gave me a good enough reason." I said. The words were harsh, and I didn't even mean them. I had thought about Draco Malfoy every day for the past two years non-stop. Just because I couldn't forgive him didn't mean I didn't want to. I had thought about what I would say to Malory when I saw him next every single day, but now that he was in front of my again I felt confused and my heart was aflutter.