Year Six - Part One

Harry Potter had never driven me more mad in my entire life. He spent the rest of our summer break obsessing over Draco Malfoy. This didn't stop even when we were on the train to school. It almost made his obsessing worse knowing that Malfoy was nearby.

"Don't you see? It was a ceremony. An initiation." Harry explained for the thousandth time.

"Stop, Harry, I know where you're going with this." Hermione said.

"It's happened. He's one of them." Harry said.

"One of what?" Ron asked. He had been tuning Harry out. I really wish I had been doing the same.

"Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater." Hermione said flatly.

"You're barking. What would You-Know-Who want with a sod like Malfoy?" Ron laughed.

"So what's he doing in Borgin and Burke's? Browsing for furniture?" Harry demanded to know.

"It's a creepy shop. He's a creepy bloke." Ron shrugged. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Look. His father's a Death Eater. It only makes sense. Besides, Hermione saw it. With her own eyes." Harry nearly shouted.

"I told you. I don't know what I saw." She disagreed. "Ron and I need to go do our prefect duties now. Will you two be alright by yourselves?"

I glared at Harry. "Not likely if he's going to ramble his crackpot theories about Malfoy for another hour."

"You're awfully defensive of Malfoy these days, Olivia. Got anything you want to tell us?" Harry snapped angrily.

"Yeah. I do." I stood up to leave, "Even Malfoy would make better company than you've been lately, Harry. He doesn't even talk about himself this much."

I left the carriage and stormed off. I didn't quite know where I was going, but I heard Ginny Weasley call out to me. She poked her head out of her own compartment and smiled, "Looking for somewhere to sit?"

"Please." I huffed and followed behind her. Dean Thomas smiled at me as Ginny sat back down and leaned into him.

"Hello Liv." He said a bit overzealous. I think he was excited to show off Ginny as his girlfriend to someone.

"When did all this happen?" I asked. "I've been living with Ginny and I still didn't know."

"We've been writing mostly. But now that we get to see each other..." Ginny kissed him.

I made a gagging noise and rolled my eyes, "Can't you do that when I'm not around?"

"You used to snog Fred everywhere." Ginny retorted, "And most of us just had to endure it."

"I did not." I frowned and crossed my arms.

"Yeah. In the common room." Dean said.

"The burrow kitchen." Ginny added.

"The Three Broomsticks."

"The south wing corridor."

"Okay! I get it. I've done a lot of snogging thanks for clearing that up. I scowled and looked away from them out the window.

A young girl knocked on the door and nervously opened it. "I have a message for Ginny Weasley." She held out a tied up scroll and Ginny took it. "Thank you." Ginny smiled and the girl left.

"What is that?" I asked. I was thankful for the interruption.

"Our new professor wants me to join him for lunch." She said as she read the parchment carefully. "I guess I should get going. I'll be back!"