You Were The Perfect Child

Elle's POV

I was driving back home when I got a call from Katie. Confused, I picked up the phone and said "Hello?"

"Okay, this may seem all out of order and stuff, but trust me, it makes sense in the end. So, Cat's friend Red is moving out of town and Cat was super upset about it when she found out, so I took her home and comforted her. Then she was going to take a walk outside to clear her head, but she tripped and dislocated her knee. Then I took her to the hospital and she needed surgery, so she's in surgery right now." Katie said over the phone, her words sped together and frantic.

I sighed and turned around. "Poor Cat. How did she handle it?" I asked.

"Oh, she was terrified. She left everything at home, her blankie, her phone, everything. So she had nothing but me to comfort her. And then the doctors kept begging me to leave, so I explained the situation and calmed Cat down enough for her to go to sleep." Katie said. "Oh, wait, the doctors are talking to me. I think Cat's waking up. Hang on."

Katie hung up for a few minutes as I continued the drive to the hospital, feeling terrified for Cat. She had to have surgery, her first one without me.

Then Katie called back. I sighed and picked it up, hoping it was good news.

"E-Elle?" I heard Katie say. She was crying. I pulled over and immediately snapped to attention.

"What happened?" I asked, concerned and confused. "Please tell me Sunshine's okay..."

"Um...she's in a coma. Something went wrong and they put her in a coma." Katie said.

I gasped. My sweet little Sunshine was in a coma. I started crying, I did not want that to happen.

_______

"Where is Sunshine?" I yell frantically when I see Katie in the hospital.

"They don't want anyone to see her right now." Katie said, her voice breaking with tears. "This is my fault. Every time I take Cat to the hospital, something bad happens!"

"Katie, stop that. It's not your fault." I said. Katie sighed and then the doctor came out.

"Hello, you two can see Catlynn now." the doctor said. I took Katie's hand and we went into Cat's hospital room.

________

"S-Sunshine?" I asked, looking at my unconscious daughter laying in a hospital bed. I ran over to her and brushed her auburn hair out of her face. I let a few tears drip down on Catlynn's face. She was breathing fine, but she wasn't awake. Which pained me more than I could ever imagine.

My daughter wasn't awake. And she was alone.

Katie completely lost it. She started bawling, and I was trying to console her. Then, Ryan and Evan barged into the hospital room.

"What happened?" Ryan asked, furious.

"Okay, nothing happened, calm down." I said.

"Um, Sunshine's in a coma. Something must've happened." Evan snapped. Ryan and Evan were losing it.

And where was Jessica?

"It's my fault. Blame me." Katie said. I tried to stop her, but she went on her rant.

"I should've stopped her from going outside. I should've been with her. I should've told her to be careful. If she didn't slip, none of this would've happened." Katie said. I hugged her and tried to console her, but Katie marched right over to Catlynn.

Katie slipped her hand into Cat's and kissed her forehead. Then she started singing.

Katie sung the first verse of The I Love You Song, crying. I hugged Katie tight.

Then it hit me. Cat sung Olive's verse of that song for Jessica when she was in a coma, and she woke up right after. And she did the same thing for Alice.

Katie was hoping Cat would wake up.

"Guys...I'm scared that we'll lose Sunshine." Ryan said. Evan nodded sadly and said, "It's possible."

"Anything's possible." Katie sung under her breath. We all started bawling.

"I love you, Sunshine." I said, hugging my beautiful daughter the best I could.

AN: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bet you didn't expect this to be evil! And it will end well! Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!