You're Right, That Really Blows

Catlynn's POV

Sobbing. I could only hear sobbing as I woke up. Soft singing. "It's gonna be okay."

That's when it hit me. They were crying over me.

And I picked out one of the sobs as Ryan's.

I sat up and groggily said, "Daddy...don't cry..."

Silence. Katie's taken aback, Elle looks like she's about to break, the others look like they've just been crying. Tears are actually still escaping Evan's eyes.

Then Ryan lost it. He started bawling and picked me up. "You're here...you made it. My baby girl." he said.

"Daddy...I didn't mean to make you cry..." I said. Ryan smiled at me and said, "Sunshine, this isn't your fault."

"What day is it?" I asked. I had no clue how long I was out for. Did I just wake up from a coma? I don't know. And I was a little scared to find out.

I looked over at Katie, who looked traumatized. She was crying, but no tears were coming out, and she was shaking.

"Auntie?" I asked. Katie turned towards me and gasped. "Yeah?" she asked. I'm not sure why she was so shocked. I've called her Auntie before.

"Don't be sad." I said, smiling a little. Katie smiled and started crying again. "Anything for you." she said, wiping her tears. I walked over and hugged my aunt. I started to get tired, and I was about to fall asleep in Katie's lap. Suddenly, right before I dozed off, I heard, "CAT I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE AGAIN!"

"KATIE!" Elle and Ryan screamed at the exact same time.

I started bawling. "Auntie...I don't wanna die." I cried. Katie took a few deep breaths to compose herself, then she said, "You won't die baby girl, I promise."

On that cue, Jessica walked in the room.

"How the absolute heck is Catlynn alive?" Jessica screeched as she saw me.

"Auntie Jess!" I yelled, running towards her. She picked me up and gasped. "I-I got my first Auntie!"

"Only took a year and two months." Evan scoffed.

Jess rolled her eyes. "My beautiful niece." she said. I grinned. This was a perfect way to wake up. After apparently almost dying?

"What happened to Violet?" I asked. Elle smirked and turned towards me.

"Arrested." Elle said. "Just like your dad. You're safe now, Sunshine. You're safe." I smiled like an idiot, this was great news.

"I'm sorry I scared you guys..." I said. Evan gasped and said, "Baby Sunshine, it's not your fault. At all. Violet is a jerk."

I giggled, flopping back on the hospital bed. My entire family wrapped me in a big hug, and I felt more love than I've ever felt in my life.

"I love you guys so much." I said.

"I love you too. Also...um...I have news." Jessica said, turning towards me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Um...you know how I moved in with you and Elle after the crash?" Jessica asked. I nodded. "Um...I got the clearance from my doctor...I'm going back to my own apartment."

"ARE YOU KIDDING? THAT'S AMAZING!" I screeched. Katie laughed and shushed me.

"No, don't shush me! It's over." I said, tearing up. "The crash is finally over with."

"That it is, Sunshine. That it is." Evan said.

"You know what?" I said. Elle smiled at me.

"D.C. was fun, really fun, but I'm glad I'm back in NYC with my entire family by my side." I said.

"Even though you're in a hospital?" Barrett smirked. Jon slapped her.

"Yeah. Because no matter where I am, you guys are always going to have my back, no matter what. You guys are always going to be there. I don't know why it took me so long to accept that, but now, I finally do." I said. I looked up, and my entire family was crying.

"And unlike what JoJo thinks, I'm not alone in the universe anymore." I said. That sent everyone into hysterics.

"I love you, Sunshine. We all do." Elle said.

"I love you guys too."

AN: This is the second to last chapter of Adopted by Heathers. I had no idea I would be writing those words. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!