Aw Look, Catlynn's Gonna Whine

Catlynn's POV

"Make it stop!" I cried as my father pinned me up against a brick wall and I could feel myself bleeding. From where, I had no idea. I screamed as he pulled my hair and ripped some of it out. My head was pulsing in pain. I heard my brother behind me laughing his head off. I looked at my surroundings, just in case I gained the courage to call the cops.

I was right near the New World Stages.

My mother luckily ran away just in time, though I wish her and my sister were there to defend me. I finally lifted my head off the wall just long enough to breathe, but my brother punched me in the back of my head.

"Your mother is gone, Catherine. She doesn't love you anymore."

"My name's not Catherine. My name's not Catherine." I said over and over, which oddly helped me calm down. And I was telling the truth, my name wasn't Catherine. It's Catlynn. Catlynn Reeve. My dad was too drunk to even remember my name. He's been like that ever since I could remember, probably since I was born. My mom always protected me and my older sister, and now they were gone, and they left me behind.

I felt my dad reach into my pocket and grab my phone. I turned my head around and saw him throw my phone into traffic. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a girl in a yellow outfit catch my phone.

"What are you doing?" I cried.

"Shut up." he said, and he started pinning me against the wall again.

________
Elle's POV

I was getting ready for a show when I heard a faint scream from outside.

"Do you hear that?" I said to Jessica, who was standing next to me.

"Probably some crazy fans, I guess. Ignore it." she said. I didn't ignore it. I heard the scream again and ran towards the window, and saw a man pinning a girl against the wall.

"Jessica!" I cried, and she ran over. "Look." I said.

"Go. We'll get an understudy. Go." she said, and I ran out of the theater, just in time to catch the girl's phone, who the man had tried to throw into traffic.

"Thank you." said the girl. I said, "You're welcome." and turned to the man who was pinning her against the wall. "Let her go and leave her alone." I said.

"You can't tell me what to do." he responded. "I'm her father."

I heard a siren in the distance and realized that the police were here. Jessica had called 911.

"Crap." the man said, and pushed the girl down to the ground. Two police officers stepped out, and pulled me aside.

"What happened?" the officer said.

"I noticed this girl being pinned to the wall and hit by a man who claims to be her father." I looked back at the girl and saw that her hands were scraped up, along with bruises all over her body.

"I see." the other officer said. "What's your name?"

"Elle McLemore. I'm not sure what the girl's name is."

"Her name is Catherine!" the man cried, obviously drunk.

"No it's not!" the girl cried.

"Let me be alone with the girl." I said, and the officer arrested the girl's dad and brother and left. I knelt down next to the girl and gently put my hand on her leg.

"Hi. I'm Elle. What's your name?" I said.

"Catlynn Reeve." the girl responded. "My dad's gone for good, right?" she asked.

"Catlynn. That's a beautiful name. And I hope so."

Catlynn started crying into her knees, and said, "Everything hurts...I hate when he does that."

I sighed, and said to her, "Let's go into the theater. There's nice people there who want to meet you. Plus, there's a couch you can sleep on if you want. Are you okay walking there?" I extended my hand, and Catlynn reluctantly grabbed it.

"Um...I should tell you something...I have really bad sensory issues." Catlynn said as we entered the theater.

"Oh, it's fine. I'll make sure you're comfortable." I said.

"Thank you." Catlynn said.