When The News Is All Bad

"I'm kinda worried about the election, Momma." I said to Elle as we were heading home. Elle sighed and smiled at me. 

"You'll do great, Sunshine. I have no doubt you're gonna win." Elle said. I smiled at my mom and we headed home. 

"Catherine Reeve?" I heard from a passing car. The window was open and I immediately closed it. 

"There's only two people in the world who call me that. Violet Gardner and...my dad." I said, drawing my knees to my chest. Elle turned on the radio to distract me, and it worked a little. All I wondered was who was in that passing car.

"Hey, it was probably nothing." Elle assured me. I knew I wasn't out of the woods just yet. I pulled out my phone and played a game for a little bit.

"CRAP! Oh God, Oh God, Oh God!" Elle screamed. I heard the car screech and I shot to attention. 

The same car that called my name was about to hit Elle head-on. Another car crash.

And this time, I was the victim. 

Elle swerved and almost hit a tree, but barely missed it. I sighed, I could've died. 

But I was wrong. 

Elle didn't hit the tree, but the car hit her. 

And the whole world went black for me.

___________________________________________________________________________

Jessica's POV

"Jess? I need your help. I-I'm at the hospital...the regular hospital." Elle said over the phone once I picked up. I started to get scared, this sounds really important.

"What? Are you okay? Where's Cat?" I asked. 

"A-at the children's hospital...we got in a car crash a half hour ago. I already called everyone and told them...Cat got the worst of it. They said she might not make it..." Elle said. 

"Is she...in a...coma?" I asked. 

"No, thank God. But she's in pretty unstable condition from what I heard. Katie and Ryan are there right now with her and they're updating me on her. I'm scared...if she dies I won't even get to say goodbye to her..." Elle said.

"Calm down. She won't die, we just have to have some hope. She's going to be okay. Listen, I'll go to the hospital now and update you." I said. I heard Elle sigh on the other line. 

"Okay...tell Cat I love her for me...please..." Elle said. I said, "Of course," then hung up. 

_________

I ran into the hospital lobby and saw a hysterical Katie and Ryan standing there, waiting for me. I hugged them both then said, "Where's Sunshine? When can I see Sunshine."

"They don't want us in there. She's not doing too well." Ryan said, crying. Katie nodded and said, "They just put her on life support. For the second time in a month." Katie broke down into tears, followed by Ryan and then me. 

Evan ran in and joined us. "I heard what happened...please tell me my baby sister's going to be okay..." he said. I cleared my throat and said, "She's apparently on life support. I feel so bad for Elle."

The nurse came out and I smiled to Katie, hoping for some good news. I suddenly realized that Cat was awake. At least she wasn't in a coma like last time. Or like me.

She was just in critical condition. And that was worse. 

"Um...which one of you is her mother..." the nurse asked. Ryan, Katie, Evan, and I looked to each other, then I raised my hand. "Her mother was the other person in the car, she's at a different hospital, but I'm her aunt and pretty close with her." I said.

"Well...um...anyways...your niece isn't doing so well...I think it's best for you guys to say goodbye..." the nurse solemnly said. 

She led us down to her hospital room, then Ryan harshly tapped me on the shoulder. "Where are Alice, Barrett, and Jon?" 

"I don't know!" I snapped back. The nurse opened the door, and we went and said our final goodbyes to our sweet Sunshine. 

___________________________________________________________________

Elle's POV

Sunshine.

All I could think about was Sunshine. I shifted my weight on the hospital pillows and sighed. She had to be okay. She had to. 

A nurse came in to check on me, and before she left, I decided to ask her.

"Um...do you know how my daughter's doing? She's at the children's hospital, her name is Catlynn." I asked. The nurse shook her head and said, "No, I'm sorry, ma'am."

The nurse left and then my phone rang. It was Jessica.

"Hello?" I said.

"E-Elle...it's about Sunshine..." Jessica said.

AN: This idea just came to me after @yeetintomycandystore decided to put an evil plan of her own out into the world of Wattpad. So don't blame me. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!