Are You A Heather? No, I'm A Catlynn

"Cat...Sunshine, wake up. It's 11." I heard. I rolled over to see Evan stroking my forehead.

"Sleepy Sunshine." Evan said, kissing my forehead. I whined and rolled back over, exhausted. Evan rubbed my back and said, "Aww...Sunshine. Do you want to go back to sleep or do you want to do something fun? We can watch a movie on the couch and you can fall asleep if you want."

"I want to get my mind off of making a fool of myself last night." I said, about to cry. Evan hugged me and said, "Aww. Do you want to watch a movie? Maybe play a game or two?" I nodded, and Evan picked me up and carried me to the couch. He put me down and sat next to me. I rolled over onto him and he cuddled me.

"Evan..." I said.

"Yes, baby Sunshine?" Evan asked, kissing my nose.

"Can I talk to you about something?" I asked. Evan sat up and put his arm around me. "Is everything okay?" Evan asked.

"I'm scared that the teasing's gonna get worse after what happened last night..." I said, crying.

"Sunshine...you just got stage fright. It's natural." Evan said.

"Not when your entire family is composed of Broadway stars." I said. Evan hugged me, and said, "You're not like any of us, Catlynn. You're Catlynn. The sweet girl who has a passion for dance and history."

"How do you know I like history?" I asked. Evan laughed, and said, "I can see the passion in your eyes whenever you talk about it. Also, you have an A+ in that class."

"I like being a smart kid." I said.

"It helps that you're amazingly smart. I've seen you doing homework before. You're so focused and determined with it. Just like you are with dance."

"Dance is just a distraction to me." I laughed.

"No, it seems like it's your secret talent. You're so good at ballet." Evan said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." Evan said. "Now, do you want to have fun?" I reluctantly nodded, and Evan went over to the pantry and grabbed a bag of potato chips. "Your mom isn't home, so we can eat all the junk food we want." I giggled, and said, "Give me the chips!" Evan laughed, and sat on the couch. I sighed and fell into him, and he cuddled me tightly.

"I love you, baby Sunshine. Did I tell you that? I'm so proud to call you my baby sister. I'm so proud to be the big brother of the kindest, sweetest, smartest, strongest, most incredible young woman in the world. Look at me, Sunshine. Don't let anyone make you change. You're perfect just the way you are." Evan said.

"I love you too, but don't you think I'm a disappointment? I don't sing, I suck at acting. I like smarts rather than arts." I asked. Evan hugged me and kissed my head. "You could never be a disappointment, Sunshine. I know you're more of a bookish kid. Always stay that way. The brilliant, talented little ray of sunshine you are. When I first met you, I saw a glimmer of hope in your eyes, even though you were in the hospital. You were so happy back then, being with Elle gave you a bit of hope. Keep having hope, Sunshine." Evan hugged me tightly, and I burst into tears.

"What's wrong, Sunshine?" Evan asked.

"I'm scared of the teasing..." I said, sobbing my heart out. Evan cuddled me tightly and said, "I love you, so much. If you do get teased for what happened last night, call me and I'll let you hang at my apartment for the day, okay? You're not alone. You'll never be alone again, okay?" I nodded, and Evan said, "Good girl. Now, do you want to watch a movie?" I shook my head and fell into Evan.

"Oh. What do you want to do?" Evan asked.

"Nothing. I'm too scared for tomorrow." I said.

"Are you scared to go to school?" Evan asked, and I nodded.

"I'm scared to go to band." I said.

"Go into band tomorrow with a smile on your face, that special Catlynn smile that only you have. Go in there and show the world that you can handle whatever life throws at you. Show the world how strong you are." Evan said. He kissed my head and said, "But don't think you have to be all tough. It's okay to cry. It's okay to be scared and break down."

"Yeah." I said softly.

"Also, Cat? You don't have to ever try to be like one of us. Be your own person. Look at yourself in the mirror. You're not one of us, you never have been and you never will be. You're Catlynn."

"Evan. Don't you think I don't want to be myself? I do, more than anything. I don't want to get compared to you guys again." I said, staring at myself in the mirror.

"Cat. Is there a chance the only person comparing you to us is...yourself?" Evan said. I sighed, and said, "Maybe."

"Listen. I don't want to hear that you can never live up to us. Because you don't need to. All you need to do is be the special little Cat that you are." Evan said. "Promise me you'll do that?"

"I promise, Evan. I won't let you down." I said. Evan hugged me and said, "Good girl. Now, let's watch a movie."

"Evan?" I asked. Evan kissed my nose and said, "Yes?"

"Thanks for being there. You're a good big brother." I said.

"You're welcome, sweet Sunshine." I curled up on Evan's chest and he turned on the TV. Evan hugged me tight and I could hear his heartbeat.

I felt Evan kiss my head and say, "I love you, Sunshine."

AN: Here's some Cat and Evan bonding time to make your day! I've been listening to nothing but BMC and Seussical for the past 5 hours, someone help. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!