Mama, I Made A Friend

Today's the day. I was going to tell my family I was dating Angus. I don't think it'll go over well, especially after what happened with Ethan. But here's the thing, everyone knew I had a crush on him. And it was slightly obvious he liked me back.

"Are you sure you want to tell your family? They seem pretty strict with you..." Angus said after school.

"Don't worry. I've told my family about my boyfriends before. Well, boyfriend." I said. "I got this."

I grabbed Angus' hand and we walked to my apartment. I opened the door and Elle said, "Angus! How are you?"

"Good." Angus said, smirking. I started cackling.

"Is there a reason you two are holding hands?" Jessica asked. I laughed and said, "Remember when I said I was too scared to date anyone again? Yeah, no, that was a lie. Angus is my boyfriend."

"We have to tell Evan. Him and Alice were betting on you." Elle said.

"Again? They already bet that I had a crush on him!" I yelled. Angus laughed.

"You know, we were kind of skeptical of Ethan. Except for Evan, that is." Jessica said. I sighed. I thought my family supported me having a boyfriend. But I see their point. Ethan was not the nicest. He just was super handsome.

"Are you skeptical of me?" Angus asked, putting his arm around me. Elle laughed and said, "Oh, dear heavens, no! Ethan...was a secret. We didn't know he existed until Cat told us they were dating."

"Who's Ethan?" Angus asked. "Cat, you better not be cheating on him with me!" I laughed and said, "No, his name was Ethan Connors. He went to Hamilton, and he also did ballet with me. That's how we met. He...cheated on me with Violet Gardner, I don't know if you knew her before she moved. Then...he died." 

"Oh my God. Cat...I'm so sorry." Angus said. I sighed and said, "It's fine."

Evan barged in the door and Jessica smiled slyly. Jessica said, "I texted everyone the news and they all want to meet this mystery boy. I told them you had a boyfriend. I just didn't say who said boyfriend was." 

"ALICE! YOU OWE ME 20 BUCKS!" Evan yelled outside the door. Alice ran in and saw me holding Angus' hand. Alice sighed and dropped a $20 bill in Evan's hand.

"Score!" Evan yelled, pumping his fist in the air.  

"Grayson is the only single one out of the five of us!" Angus said. I laughed and said, "Ebony and Vera are the Cute Couple of Jackson Charter." 

"Why do I feel like they were dating before and just kept it a secret?" Angus asked. I shrugged. "It's possible." 

"Anything's possible!" me and Angus sung at the same time. Then, we fell on the couch, giggling. 

"This is cuter than Cat and Ethan." Evan said.

"I heard there was a boy." I heard. I sat up and saw Ryan staring at me. "Don't you dare hurt her." Ryan said, pointing to Angus. 

Unlike Ethan, who was overly formal, Angus just rolled his eyes and threw an eraser at Ryan. I started cracking up. 

"Where did that eraser come from, young man?" Ryan asked sternly. Angus seemed to think this was a joke and said, "My backpack." 

"Sorry about my dad, he can be a bit overprotective of me, especially around boys." I said to Angus. I turned to Ryan and mouthed, "Cool it a bit with the strictness, would ya?" 

"Hey, it's not my fault that your past boyfriend cheated on you?" Ryan yelled. I rolled my eyes. Ryan was the perfect overprotective dad, though he could be a bit overboard at times. 

"Cool it. This isn't like a sappy romance movie. I'm not going to kiss Cat in the rain." Angus said to my confused and concerned family. 

Ryan and Evan were getting ready to punch something, Elle and Jessica were sharing worried looks, Katie and Alice were smiling, and Barrett and Jon looked on in confusion. 

He took my hand and said, "I'm going to kiss her right here." 

He pulled me off the couch and kissed me. Full-on kissed me. 

"Oh my God." Katie said. "Was that her first kiss?"

"Nope. My first kiss was on the stage at Hamilton, when Ethan asked me out to the school dance. That slow dance wasn't with Axel." I said. 

"WHAT?!" Evan and Jessica said at the exact same time. 

"Yep..." I said. "I'm so sorry." Angus started cackling.

"I have a question. What is with you and falling for boy ballerinas?" Elle asked. 

"I don't know! They're pretty and talented! Plus Angus plays guitar and does theater, an added bonus!" I said. "Band kids are the cutest."

"Whatever. If the Ethan events reoccur, I'm throwing something." Evan said. 

I laughed, knowing what Evan said was a joke.

But what if it wasn't?

What if something happened to Angus?

AN: So Cat's on her second boyfriend in a year. Let's hope this one doesn't break her heart. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!