Tell Me What You're Learning

Catlynn's POV

I start blinking my eyes open, trying to remember where I was and what had happened to me. Then it hit me. The last thing I remember was flying down the basement stairs, which was very familiar, considering the flute players at Hamilton never seemed to leave me alone. But Violet was gone, so that was good news for me.

And I also had a girlfriend. Who I had to keep a secret. No worries, I've kept relationships secret from Jess and Elle before. Two of them, in fact.

My eyes open a bit more, and I hear the familiar beeping sound of a heart monitor. Of course I was in a hospital. What would be a week in my life without a hospital trip?

"Cat? You awake there?" I heard. I sat up, seeing my girlfriend sitting on the edge of my bed. My right hand was clutching my security blanket. Where did that come from, and who had brought it to me? And when?

"Red...where's my mom?" I asked, still feeling slightly drowsy.

"She's on the phone. She has been on the phone for the past two hours, since you got here." Red said

"Oh..." I said, feeling slightly disappointed that I didn't wake up to my mom. I smiled at my girlfriend, who shot me a sweet smile back.

"SUNSHINE!" I heard, and Elle bursted through the door, throwing her arms around me and hugging the life out of me. "Oh my God. Sunshine...I was so worried."

"Mommy, you didn't have to worry about me..." I said, feeling bad for Elle in that moment.

"Catlynn McLemore. You got thrown down a flight of stairs and knocked yourself unconscious. I have every right to be worried about you." Elle said. I rolled my eyes and then went back to clutching my blankie.

"Red? How did you get out of school?" I asked. For some reason, Red not failing school was the first thing on my mind. After making sure Elle and the rest of my family was in one piece. I hated when they cried over me.

"It's 5PM, Cat. You were out for a while. And as soon as I could, I called Axel and Cesca, who told the teacher, who called the nurse, who called 911, who came to school, and yeah, you can probably figure out the rest. They said you can be out of here by tomorrow morning, at the absolute latest." Red said, giggling in between some of her words.

"Where's Jess? And Katie? And Ryan? And Evan?" I asked.

"Woah, Cat, you can only have so many visitors. They'll probably be here in an hour or two. Anyway, are you excited for D.C.?" Red said.

"Besides the phone rule, yeah. I'm looking forward to it. A lot." I said.

"That's the spirit." Red said. At that moment, Jessica burst through the door.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey? That's the most casual greeting I've ever heard for someone who's in the hospital. How are you feeling? Are you okay?" Jess asked, hugging me the best she could. I sighed and said, "Yes, I'm fine. Well. I'm in the hospital for observation, but besides that, I'm 100%, totally, completely fine."

"Okay then..." Jess said in response. I laughed a little. "Do I have to stay overnight? Do you know?"

"Nope. You're getting out right at dinnertime." Jessica said.

"Yay!" I cheered, sitting up a little. Red laughed and hugged me.

For the first time today, I knew in my heart that everything was going to be okay.

_________

I burst in the door of my apartment and threw myself right on the couch. "Ah! It's so good to be home!" I said.

"You were here this morning, but I'm glad you're excited." Elle said. "How are you feeling? Everything okay?" I nodded frantically and Jessica hugged me tightly.

"Mommy? Are you mad at me for going back to Hamilton?" I asked. Elle gasped and hugged me. "No, sweetie, not at all. I know you wanted to be back with your friends, especially since what happened with Red and all that."

I sighed and sunk further into Elle's arms.

"I love you, Mommy."

"I love you too, Sunshine."

AN: ABH IS BACK, Y'ALL! Sorry for the break! Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!