Got No Time To Talk

I was walking alone in the hallway after school. I had stayed after school with Axel and Red for band practice, but they went home. Elle had something to do for a little bit, so I was aimlessly pacing around, waiting for her.

"Go back to your daddy." I heard. A football jock kicked me and I fell down.

"This is from your brother." another boy said, punching me.

"Stop!" I cried, but they didn't listen. They kept laughing at me and throwing punches.

"You don't deserve to be happy." the first guy said.

"Go cry to Mommy, oh wait..." the second one said.

"Whatcha gonna do, kitty-cat?" the first one said, and I saw blood flow out.

Blood. If this gets any worse, I might need another transfusion...

I felt like I was about to faint. The boys kept punching me and kicking me and wouldn't stop.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" I heard.

It was Ethan.

Why did Ethan still want to speak to me? He was just my ex-boyfriend.

"Well, if it isn't Connors!" the boy said.

"Ethan?" I asked.

"Leave her alone!" One of the boys dragged the first boy by the arm and said, "Dude, come on, let's go."

"I thought you didn't want to speak to me again." I said.

Ethan called Axel and said, "I know you hate me, but Cat was beat up. She's in the K wing, by Mr. Carmichael's classroom."

"Ethan, I can just call my mom. It's fine." I said.

"You're barely conscious. Just stay still. Axel is on his way and I'm going to call an ambulance." Ethan said.

That scared me. I needed Elle or Jess.

"No...I need my mom..." I said.

"If I call her she won't pick up. I'll have Axel or Red call. Everyone in your family hates me, and they have a good reason to." Ethan said.

"I just want my mom...or my aunt...or my sister...or anyone. Ethan...don't leave me alone...I know you hate me but I'm scared and I want my mom." I said.

Ethan called 911 and left.

He left me alone.

"Elle?" I said shakily into the phone.

"Sunshine? What's wrong?" she said.

"I got beat up..." I said.

"Oh my God. Where are you?" Elle asked.

"I'm going to the hospital..." I said, scared for my life.

"Who's taking you?" Elle asked.

"An ambulance...I'm so scared...can you come?" I asked.

I heard some banging on the other line, then Elle said, "Of course! Jess and I are on our way! Are you alone? Or, what?"

"The paramedics are here. I'm scared. Please stay on the line...I need you..." I said as I was getting loaded into the ambulance.

"Just listen to my voice, Sunshine. I'm right there with you." Elle said.

"Elle...they're sedating me...I'm scared." I said.

"I'm right here, Sunshine. I'm in the car to meet you at the hospital. You're okay. I'm okay, we're all going to be okay."

"ELLE! It's happening...Oh God...the last time this happened, I was holding your hand."

My eyes started to get heavy, but I wouldn't let them. Elle started singing Kindergarten Boyfriend over the phone, and I went unconscious, but not before yelling "ELLE! JESSICA!" at the top of my lungs.

__________

"ELLE! JESSICA!" I yelled out, shooting awake.

"Hey, hey, hey, Cat, Catlynn, Sunshine. It's okay. We're right here." Elle said.

I started crying, and said, "I wanna go home...I want to see my family."

"The doctors said that you should be able to leave by tonight. You can sleep in your own bed." Jessica said. That made me feel better. A lot better.

"I hate this place...and I came here all alone..." I said.

"I know, and we're sorry we weren't there." Jessica said.

Axel ran in and said, "Oh my God! Cat! Are you okay?"

"What are you doing here? How did you know?" Jessica said, alarmed.

"I got a call. Oh my God, Cat, I am so sorry that I didn't pick up!" Axel said, giving me a hug.

"Can I go home?" I asked.

"We have to wait." Elle said.

"I'm scared..." I said.

"I know, Sunshine. We'll be out of here soon." Elle said.

"Can I just go home and pretend this never happened?" I asked.

"I wish." Elle said, chuckling.

I sighed. All I wanted was to be home in my own bed, playing Monopoly on the floor with my siblings.

I couldn't do this anymore. I ran out of the hospital, running as fast as I could.

"Sunshine?" I heard from behind me. Ryan was standing on the street.

"Ryan!" I said, running towards him. "I'm going home. If Elle asks, say nothing." I said.

"Cat, you can't just leave a hospital." Ryan said.

"I'm about to panic right now and Elle and Jessica won't do anything about it so I'm going home." I said. Frankly, I had no idea where my apartment was from here.

"Listen to me, they're trying to help you." Ryan said.

"I WANT TO GO HOME!" I cried.

"Hey, shh, you need to go back to the hospital." Ryan said.

"You know I hate hospitals...can you do anything?"

"I could take you back." Ryan said. He picked me up and started to carry me back into the hospital.

"I got an idea." Ryan said softly. Ryan sat me down on a bench and started rocking me back and forth until I drifted off to sleep.

"Sweet dreams, Sunshine."

AN: Shorter chapter than normal, but the upcoming ones are gonna be longer. I hope. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!