There's A Faraway Land So The Stories All Tell

I decided I would do karaoke night at school, and tonight was the night. Everyone in my family knew, but they just didn't quite know what song I was singing. And the answer to that question was Solla Sollew. I was dedicating it to Katie, sorry Elle! 

I was wearing a nice dress with a hairclip in my hair. None of my friends knew I was even doing the karaoke night, they just thought I was coming to watch. And who cares if people laugh at me, I'm just here to have some fun! 

"What's with the nice dress?" Jessica asked. Elle gave her a death glare and said, "You know exactly why."

"Shoot. Karaoke." Jessica said, scrambling off the couch. Elle and I looked at each other and giggled, and five minutes later, Jessica came back in a semi-decent outfit.

"Let's go!" I yelled, herding Elle and Jess out the door. 

________

I was in the school auditorium, backstage. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Vera.

"What are you doing backstage, Cat? Are you performing tonight?" Vera asked.

"Yep. Don't tell the rest of the Potato Chip Squad, though." I laughed. Vera had started to call me, Ebony, Angus, Grayson, and herself the Potato Chip Squad, and it started to catch on. 

"I think Ebony's in the audience, and Angus is doing something." Vera said.

"What audience?" I heard, and Ebony was standing there. 

"Are we all performing and just didn't tell each other?" Vera asked.

"Okay, what is everyone doing?" Ebony asked. "Because I'm playing my flute. But not some stupid classical music. I'm playing the Kahoot theme song." Vera and I cracked up.

"What's so funny?" I heard Angus say. He was dragging a guitar behind him. Grayson was holding a microphone.

"Remember when we told you about that kid who sings child cartoon theme songs for these kind of things? Yeah, I'm that kid." Grayson said. I could not stop giggling.

"I'm the weirdo flute player." Ebony said. Vera pulled out her trombone and blew it in Ebony's ear. I suddenly felt homesick. That's what Cesca would do to me with her trumpet. 

"Cat? You okay?" Vera asked. I snapped back to reality and nodded, I was totally fine. 

Kind of.

_________

"Cat. You're on." Ebony said, running backstage with her flute. She gave me a quick hug and said, "Break a leg."

I dragged a stool out on stage and sat down.

"Um, hi. My name is Catlynn McLemore, and I'm a new student here, so not all of you guys know me. Um...I wanted to dedicate the song I'm singing for you tonight to my aunt. So Katie, wherever you are, this one's for you." I said. I looked out in the audience, but I couldn't see my family. 

Then I started singing. 

"...Solla Sollew, Solla Sollew."  I sung. I smiled as everyone applauded.

_______

"CAT!" I heard, and I turned around. Katie was standing there with tears in her eyes.

"Hey." I said. "Did you like it?" 

Katie hugged me tight and said, "Liked it? I loved it, Sunshine! You're so talented." She kissed my cheek and said, "I love you, I love you, I love you!" 

"Stop! Katie...we're in public!" I yelled, blushing with embarrassment. Evan ran up to me and picked me up. 

"EVAN!" I yelled. My entire family was attacking me with hugs and kisses. I could not stop blushing.

"Aww, Cat's embarrassed." Jessica said, and Jon giggled.

"Shut up, both of you. I wouldn't be blushing so much if you two weren't making such a big deal out of me!" I said, getting out of Jessica's grip and chasing Evan to the car. 

_______

"That was fun." I said, fidgeting with Elle's hairtie on the couch. 

"Give me back my hairtie, Sunshine." Elle said, grabbing it from me. "Hey!" I yelled, chasing Elle around the apartment. Elle giggled and flopped on the couch, out of breath. I was out of breath, too, and jumped in her lap. Elle tickled my sides and I could not stop laughing. 

"Glad to see Cat's giggling." Jessica said. I stared her dead in the eye then poured a cup of water on her head and ran away.

"Can't catch me now!" I yelled, hiding in my bathroom. I locked myself in the bathroom and I heard someone pick the lock.

"Gotcha!" Jessica said, picking me up and running around the apartment. I could not stop giggling. 

"This has been fun, but I'm exhausted." Elle said. "Movie night?"

"Yeah!" I yelled, and Jessica turned off the TV.

I really loved my family.

AN: I thought I should give you a fluff-filled chapter. Because it'll be evil soon enough. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!