I'd Trade My Life For Yours

"Are you happy?" Red asked. We were sitting on the stage in the Hamilton Middle School auditorium. Why we were there, I have no idea. Red just dragged me there, and honestly, it hurt how much nostalgia hit me. My sticky note from the Eighth Grade Wall of Fame was still there. At least everyone here still remembered who I was. Either that, or they never realized I ever left that horrible school.

"Happy about what?" I laughed. Red elbowed me and said, "You've been with Elle for one year now! Well, one year and two days, if we're being specific." I nodded and said, "It's surely been a while. But why are we here? I don't go to this school anymore. And neither do you, I don't think."

"Yeah, I switched back. I went to private school, and sheesh, the kids there were worse than the kids here. At least over here, I have friends." Red said, lightly putting her hand on my arm. I cracked a slight smile at my best friend.

"I went to private school too, before Elle took me in. It was horrible. I hated it with every fiber of my being." I said, shivering at the memories of my old private school. But those days were one year and two days behind me. 367 days.

"So, Elizabeth Marie Ashley, what was the real reason you called me here today?" I asked, nudging Red. Red turned away and I swear I saw her blush.

"What?" I asked.

"Okay...so...I told you I'm gay...right?" Red asked. I shook my head no. Which was the truth, she had told me she was gay in a dream, but that was in my own head.

"Yeah. I'm gay. And I had a massive crush on you since the day we met. I know it was awkward, I'm sorry..." Red said.

I smiled. "Red. I'm bi." This is the first time I've ever said those words out loud to anyone. I just came out, and I don't know why I did it.

"Wait, seriously?" Red asked. I smiled as hard as I could. "I'm not exactly out to my family yet, so please don't tell anyone."

"I promise I won't." Red said. "Wait, did you like me back."

I smiled, realizing I did have a crush on Red. "I still do." Red gasped and backed up, looking out to the empty audience.

"Wait. So...are we..." Red asked.

"Will I be your girlfriend? Yep." I said.

Red threw her arms around me and kissed me. My girlfriend was kissing me.

And then I realized. Red had to hide too, neither of us were out.

We were out only to each other.

Red stopped kissing me for a split second to catch her breath, and I grabbed her hand.

"What have I done? I'm not even out to anyone yet...should we tell Axel and Cesca?" Red asked, turning towards me.

"Heck yeah. Where are they, anyway?" I asked. Red grabbed my arm and said, "My parents just think I'm a really invested 'straight' ally. They don't know I'm gay."

"Don't worry. Elle doesn't know either. No one does but you." I said.

Red smiled like a goofball and kissed me again. On the stage of Hamilton Middle School.

"What the heck is going on? Wait...is that...Red?" Axel said, coming in with Cesca behind him.

"Hi." Red said, letting go of me and jumping off the stage, leaving me in the middle of the stage.

"CAT? What is-" Cesca said.

"Yeah. Long story short, I'm bi and kissing my girlfriend." I said. "Elle doesn't know. No one does but Red and I guess now...you two?"

"Oh my God. I'VE SHIPPED THIS SINCE THE BEGINNING!" Cesca screeched.

"Wait what? I always thought Cat would be cute with Cesca!" Axel yelled.

"Calm down! Red isn't out either, and I trust you two not to tell anyone. We weren't even going to tell you two until later." I snapped.

"God, Cat, you're such a buzzkill." Axel said. I laughed and then my phone vibrated.

"Elle's here. She's picking me up. Love you guys, see you later." I said, realizing I was still blushing.

"Your cheeks are as red as a fire engine, Cat. You might want to get some water before Elle sees you.

I gave my girlfriend a quick kiss and then skipped out of the auditorium.

The challenge? Keeping this a secret.

AN: So a lot of people ship Cat and Red. I shall deliver. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!