Your Love's Too Good To Lose

I was home alone. Again. The Student Council election was tomorrow, Elle was out of town, and I was bored out of my mind.

I heard a knock on the front door and then the lock turned. I started freaking out, thinking my dad was here. I ran to my room and curled up in a tiny ball, shaking.

The door opened and I was still curled up, shaking.

"Cat?" I heard. Thank God. It wasn't my dad's voice. It was someone else's.

I heard the door to my room open, and I felt someone rub my back. I relaxed a little and sat up. To my surprise, Katie was there.

"Katie? What are you doing here?" I asked. I didn't want to mention that I thought she was my dad, but at the same time, I did.

"Well, Elle's not here, so I thought I would come here and hang out with you!" Katie said excitedly. I smiled, wiping the remaining tears from my face.

"Sunshine, were you crying?" Katie asked.

"Yeah, um, when you knocked on the door, I thought my dad was at the door and I got scared." I said. Katie sighed and said, "I'm sorry. I should've texted you and told you I was coming. I didn't mean for you to get scared. How's your knee feeling?"

"Better. A lot better." I said. "I'm kind of glad I had that surgery."

"Wow, I never thought I would hear the words 'I'm glad I had surgery' come out of Catlynn McLemore's mouth. Am I even on the same planet anymore?" Katie asked. I laughed.

"We have frozen pizza!" I said. Katie cheered. Having frozen pizza together was sort of our tradition. That is, if Elle doesn't find out and put the frozen pizza in a locked box.

I ran to the freezer and grabbed the frozen pizza box. I opened it up and shoved the pizza in the oven, then turned to Katie with a massive smile on my face.

"You're really happy about that frozen pizza, Sunshine." Katie said, laughing. I laughed as well and flopped on the couch.

"We have to wait a half hour for this pizza to be ready. Boo hoo." I said. Katie sat on the couch as well and passed me a bag of potato chips. "Want some chips?" Katie asked. I nodded happily and hogged the chips.

"Hey, I asked if you wanted to share! Not if you wanted to take the whole bag for yourself!" Katie yelled. I started giggling, and Katie sighed. "I'm telling your mother you're being rude to me."

"Hey, it's not my fault I'm really hungry." I said.

"Um...Cat...I have to talk to you about something. Something serious." Katie said. I put down the chips and turned to my aunt. "What's going on? Am I in trouble?"

"No, no, no, not at all. Um...I don't think you wanted to hear this, but you deserve to know. You need to know this." Katie said, not even looking at me or cracking a smile. Something was definitely wrong.

"Um...um...you remember the crash...that Red died in?" Katie asked. I nodded slowly, confused as to why Katie reminded me of it again.

"You know how I called you...and told you to check the news? I may have lied..." Katie said, staring off into space.

"What do you mean, you may have lied?" I asked.

"I was calling from the hospital. I was in that subway crash. I watched Red die." Katie blurted out.

I was in shock. Why didn't anyone bother to tell me that?

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? WHY?" I yelled. I started sobbing, and Katie took my hand.

"No one knows but you and me." Katie said. "I didn't want to scare everyone."

The tears kept coming. I was in denial of this entire thing. Katie was in that subway crash...and worst of all, she watched my best friend die.

I started sobbing and screaming, I couldn't stop. I didn't know why I was acting this way, I wasn't this anxious when I found out about the car crash.

"I MIGHT'VE LOST YOU!" I yelled to Katie. Katie took me in her arms and cuddled me for a bit. After about 5 minutes, I broke out of her grip and ran to my room.

Or, at least tried to run to my room.

The last thing I remember was tripping over my own feet. Then the world went black.

AN: I am so sorry, dear readers. But don't blame me. Blame -the-veru for this evilness that is coming up. It was her idea! Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!