Baking Cookies, Eating Paste

"Mommy?" I asked, standing at the foot of Elle's bed. Elle rolled over and said "Sunshine...what's wrong?"

"Will I have to go back to the hospital?" I asked, worried. Elle sighed and looked in my eyes. "Not for a couple of a days. We've had a long few days, and it's time for a break. Plus, you have the Nutcracker tomorrow night."

I totally forgot about the Nutcracker.

"I forgot! Shoot, I have dress rehearsals tonight!" I said. Elle said, "Shh...it's 3 in the morning, and Jessica is still sleeping. I'll take you to dress rehearsal tonight. Now go back to bed."

Elle hugged me and kissed my forehead and I went back to my room and managed to sleep.

_______

"Sunshine! Pancakes!" Elle called, waking me up. I groaned and grabbed my phone to check the time. It was 8 AM.

"Shoot! I'm gonna be late for school!" I yelled, running out of my room. "Guys, one of you needs to drive me to school! It's Friday!"

"Sunshine, do you really think we'd send you to school after all you've been through this week? No! Now, eat your pancakes. You have a fun day planned."

"Define 'fun' for me." I scoffed. Every time someone in my family tries to do something fun with me, something horrible happens. The day of the crash, Jess and Ryan took me to the mall to go school shopping. Two hours after I got dropped off, boom. Jess was almost gone.

I noticed Jessica and Elle sigh and look at each other. Elle said, "I know what you mean, and I'm so sorry. But I promise you, this is gonna be fun."

"Tell me!" I yearned. Jessica laughed and said, "We're just gonna have a family day in. Everyone's coming over and we're gonna watch a movie and bake some cookies and just have fun."

"Yes!" I yelled. "Also, we have to be done by 5. I have a late night tonight."

"Right, Nutcracker dress rehearsals. Can we finally see your costumes?" Elle pleaded. Jessica gave me puppy dog eyes and I rolled my eyes. "Fine. You can see one, but I'm keeping the others a surprise. You can see the dress for the Children's Dance because that's my first dance of the night."

Elle and Jess nodded and then the doorbell rang. Evan ran in and hugged me. "Sunshine! I missed you! How are you?" he asked.

"Pretty good. The Nutcracker is tomorrow and I'm nervous." I said. Evan picked me up and said, "Aww.  But we're all gonna be there, I promise."

"Promise?" I asked.

"I swear, baby Sunshine." Evan said. He put me down and Ryan and Katie ran in.

"Guys. I saw you two yesterday. Why are you being so weird?" I asked, laughing. Ryan attacked me with hugs and kisses, and then said, "Because you went missing for 3 days and we missed you and were worried about you."

"Bingo." Katie said, also laughing. I sighed and said, "I'm scared about going back to the hospital." Katie hugged me and said, "I know, but we have some ideas."

"Like me never going again?" I asked. Katie laughed and said "I wish."

"Enough with hospital talk. Let's have fun." Elle said, and we all whooped and hollered.

"We only have until like 4:30." I said.

"WE KNOW YOU HAVE NUTCRACKER REHEARSAL!" Jess, Evan, and Ryan yelled at the same time.

"Do you guys want to bake some brownies? Or a cake?" I asked.

"Chocolate cake!" Evan yelled. Barrett, Jon, and Alice ran in and noticed the arguing over baked goods. "What happened when I was gone?" Alice asked.

"We're going to bake something, just not sure what, because these people will not stop arguing over it." I said, pointing to Jessica and Evan yelling.

"The chaotic duo." Alice said, shaking her head.

"Throw Ryan in there and we have the chaotic trio." Barrett said. "What are we? The three of us? The calm, sensible trio?"

"Pretty much. And that just leaves Katie, Jon, and Elle. The cinnamon roll trio." I said.

"Wait, Cat! You promised to show us your Nutcracker costume!" Jessica yelled.

"I'll show you when I have to get ready to go! Calm down!" I said.

_______

It was 3:30, and the counter was a disaster of baked goods. "You guys, I have to get ready." I said. Everyone nodded and I went to the bathroom and pulled out the red dress I wore for the Children's Dance.

We chose the colors back in September. Back when I wasn't sure about Jessica's fate. That's why I chose red. For her.

I sighed and slipped on my leotard, my tights, and the dress. I took the red bow I wore and tied my hair up in a ponytail, putting the bow over it.

I walked out of the bathroom and I said, "So. What do you guys think?"

"I love it. You look so pretty." Elle said. Jessica smiled and said, "You're wearing red."

"For you." I said, and Jessica almost cried. "Sunshine!" Jess yelled, and she hugged me.

"I gotta go." I said, and I hugged Alice, Katie, Barrett, Ryan, Evan, and Jon. "See you guys tomorrow, I guess.

________

"Cat!" I heard, and Juno was standing there. I hugged her and she said, "You look so pretty!"

"So do you!" I said, and Juno smiled. Suddenly, the director walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Cat, there's something I need to talk to you about." she said. I nodded, and said, "Is it bad?"

"Far from it. So, the girl that's playing Clara got sick and can't make it tomorrow. So, I was wondering if you wanted to fill in for her. I'm confident that you can handle it."

Juno looked at me with an expression that said, Yes, you have to take it! I smiled, and said, "Of course. It would be my honor. Just don't tell my family, I want to keep it a surprise."

"Of course. Now, get out of that party dress and put on Clara's!" I squealed and grabbed the yellow dress that Clara wore.

I hope my family is proud of me.

AN: I thought Cat could use some good news, so I gave her some! Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!