Think And Wonder And Dream

A few disclaimers before we start:
1. JoJo is normally a boy, though some productions change the character to be a girl. Including the one in this story.
2. I'm using the Broadway lyrics to "Having a Hunch," because the scripted version isn't available on either the Broadway or Off-Broadway cast albums.
Enjoy!
__________________________________________

Elle's POV

Catlynn was running around the house all day, screaming songs from Seussical. I laughed, not wanting her to stop. It felt really good to see her so happy. And I was going to see her as JoJo tonight, a night I was looking forward to for months.

"Elle! We have to go!" Cat said, tapping me on the shoulder about fifty times. She opened her arms and I picked her up. Cat giggled a little and I carried her to the car.

"Bye Mommy! I love you!" Cat yelled from the sidewalk. I said, "Bye Sunshine! Break a leg tonight! I love you too!" Cat ran into the theater and I found a parking spot.

________

"Are you guys excited?" Jessica asked. Everyone nodded. We were one of the first people in the theater, and I noticed that the sets were amazing. Cat told me that she helped design a few, which was super impressive. She didn't tell me which ones, but whatever ones she did were awesome. She's a super artistic girl.

Suddenly, the overture started playing and I shushed everyone else. After it was over, Cat walked out in a yellow dress.

"I know those auburn pigtails anywhere." Katie whispered. I smiled as Cat started to speak.

"Now that is a very unusual hat. I wonder what could be under a hat such as that. It could be a creature they call the Ga-Zhat who balances things on his head, cause it's flat. Or a stripe-loving Pipester from Upper Mount Bat. Or a sort of a...kind of a...hat wearing...cat!" Cat yelled, and Cat's friend Red bolted out from a wooden door, starting the opening number.

"Seuss!" Cat yelled, and Red joined her on a platform.

"Our story begins with a very strange sound. The drums of a jungle beginning to pound!" Red said.

"Now imagine a sky." Red said to Cat.

"I'll imagine bright blue!" Cat said, and the lights turned bright blue.

That led into a musical number called Horton Hears a Who, and then a really tall girl with dirty blonde hair walked out, a younger girl sitting on her hip.

"'Twas a sour kangaroo! And the young kangaroo in her pouch said," the tall girl said.

"Humph!" the younger girl said. The older girl put her down.

"Too! Why, that speck is as small as a head of a pin! A person on that, why there never has been! Haha! You're the biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool, and I don't care who I tell! Biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool." the girl sung. She was good.

"And I think so as well!" the younger girl said. She was adorable.

"Maybe I'm nasty, maybe I'm cruel, but you're the biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool!"

Cat just stood on the platform with Red throughout this entire song.

Then, Cat ran off stage for a number called Here on Who, which was kind of depressing. But I knew that Cat sung more depressing songs than that. And the worst part was, JoJo's life was a lot like Cat's.

"Meet a tiny Who family on a small rainy day!" a boy said.

"Mom and Dad are just home from the Who PTA." Cat's friend Cesca said.