Oh, The Thinks You Can Think!

Auditions for Seussical were today, and I was scared to death. Tomorrow was my band concert, and I still didn't know Ryan's plan. I was walking into the theater, and saw about 30 kids running around. Some I knew, some I didn't. I walked up to Lachlan and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Cat! Oh my God, I missed you!" Lachlan said, giving me a huge hug. Emily saw us and joined the hug too.

"Juno? I didn't know you acted!" I said, giving her a hug. Juno laughed, and said, "Yeah, Erin forced me.

Victor walked up and said, "Cat! You got a serious glow up."

"Hey, Victor." I said. A girl who I didn't know tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey. My name is Rain Tiller. I'm new to New York and wanted to make some friends. I'm a senior in high school."

"Hey! My name is Cat. I've lived in New York City all my life. Where are you from?" I said, careful not to say my last name to an unsuspecting theatre kid.

"Canada." Rain said, sitting next to me. "My parents decided to move here. And this is Sunny Mayfield. My neighbor, who dragged me here. Literally dragged me." I waved to Sunny, and said, "Is Sunny short for anything?"

"Samantha." Sunny said. "Call me that, and you're dead." I laughed, then Drew attacked me in a hug, followed by Basil and Elliott. "I missed you guys so much!" I cried.

"We're all together for Seussical, I guess!" Basil said, and I laughed. A girl who I didn't know smiled and waved. She looked awfully young, so I waved back. I knelt down beside the girl and said, "Hi. I'm Cat. What's your name?"

"Comet." the girl said shyly. I said, "Hi Comet." and she waved and walked away.

Little kids are so gosh darn cute.

"Okay! Welcome!" the director said, barging in. "Those of you who were in Spelling Bee, welcome back. You know the drill for auditions, help out the new kids."

Auditions went pretty smoothly. Almost half of the kids there auditioned for JoJo, which scared me. But I thought I did a pretty good job on It's Possible.

___________

"Cast list, cast list, cast list!" I yelled. We all cheered as we ran towards the poster.

Seussical the Musical Cast List

Cat in the Hat- Red Ashley
Horton- Axel Riesling
JoJo- Catlynn McLemore
Sour Kangaroo- Erin Hunt
Little Kangaroo- Comet Henders
Gertrude McFuzz- Emily Sawyer
Mayzie LaBird- Basil Charleston
General Schmitz- Drew Charleston
Bird Girl- Astrid Waters, Bella Greene
Wickershams- Victor Davis, Rain Tiller, Elliott Garrett
Mayor- Lachlan Connors
Mrs. Mayor- Francesca Sawyer
Yertle the Turtle- Sunny Mayfield
Vlad Vladikoff- Juno Ellison
Grinch- Ella Ellison
Whos- Rachel Hill, Promise Ellison, Liberty Arnold

"Cat! You got JoJo!" Lachlan said, giving me a hug. "And I'm your dad now. Obey or else."

"Yes, Dad." I giggled. "Speaking of dads, I gotta tell my family the news. Hang on."

Cat: I got JoJo!
Elle: I KNEW IT!!!!!!! Love you so much, Sunshine! Good job!
Jessica: Why am I not surprised? Amazing job.
Ryan: WHOOOOO HOOOOOOO!
Evan: I'm gonna start calling you JoJo now. Just kidding. Amazing job, Sunshine! I love you.
Alice: Aww! I can't wait to see it!
Barrett: You have permission to scream It's Possible around my apartment when Elle gets sick of it.
Katie: I am so, so proud of you. <3
Jon: Congrats, JoJo!

I shut off my phone, then walked out of the theater, clutching my script to my chest. When I got in Elle's car, Jessica, Evan, and Alice were in the car with her.

"CONGRATS!" Evan screamed, and then started cheering like a crazy person. I ignored him and sat in the backseat next to him and Alice. I hugged Alice, and showed her the script.

"Let me see!" Evan said, protesting. I laughed and let both of them see the script. I flipped to the beginning, and Alice said, "I need to listen to the soundtrack."

"You should. It's a little different than the script, but it's fine." I said.

"I'm so proud of you, Sunshine." Elle said. We reached my apartment, and Alice said, "Hey, I have an idea."

"Oh no." Jessica said.

"Oh yes. Cat, are you up for singing? I want to hear you sing one of the songs." Alice said. I happily nodded and grabbed my laptop, searching up a karaoke version of the opening number on YouTube.

"I can see that you have quite a mind for your age! Why, one Think and you dragged me right onto the stage. Now that I'm here, there's no telling what may ensue! With a cat like me, and a Thinker like you! Oh, the Thinks you can think, oh, the Thinks you can think, if you're willing to try. Think invisible ink, or a Gink with a stink, or a stair to the sky! If you open your mind, oh the Thinks you will find lining up to get loose! Oh, the Thinks you can think when you think about Seuss!" I sung.

After that was over, I sung my favorite song, Biggest Blame Fool.

"You're the biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool, and I don't care who I tell! Biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool, and I think so as well! Maybe I'm nasty, maybe I'm cruel, but you're the biggest blame fool in the Jungle of Nool!" I sung.

"Wow. You're an amazing singer." Evan said, shocked.

"What can I say? I've had some great teachers." I said. Elle hugged me and said, "We are so proud of you. I'm so happy for you."

"Me too, Elle. Me too."

AN: Seussical is honestly one of my favorite shows, if I'm being completely honest. I'm getting back into my Seussical obsession. You guys should totally listen to it. Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!