All For You

Elle's POV

"Another day at the hospital." I sulked. The entire cast was in the waiting room while Cat was getting a procedure done. The doctor gave us the option of laughing gas, and Cat and I decided to try it. It couldn't hurt, could it?

"I wonder if she's gonna react funny to it. Like, you know, say weird things?" Ryan said.

"Maybe." I said, trying to comfort a crying Katie. Evan smiled sheepishly and pulled out his video camera. "Just in case she does strike comedy gold..."

"No. Don't you dare." I said. Jessica laughed next to me and then the nurse came out for us.

Evan could not stop laughing. I shushed him as we headed into the room where Cat was. Cat was half asleep, an IV in her arm, the mask for the laughing gas still on her face. Katie smiled and ran up to Cat, stroking her forehead.

Evan got the video camera ready, just in case.

Suddenly, Cat shot awake and started saluting, vocalizing the fanfare that was at the beginning of The Military.

"I told you." Ryan said, elbowing Evan. Evan was recording this entire ordeal, and to be honest, I don't blame him.

"Hey, Sunshine, how are you feeling?" I asked. Cat smiled and said, "I'm doing great! You know what? I think I'm gonna go to school now, don't want that GPA slipping. Bye!" Cat waved frantically and started to get up. Jessica gently guided her back on the bed.

"Sunshine, baby, it's Saturday." Jessica said. Cat sighed and said, "Darn it." Katie's tears of worry had turned into tears of hysterics. She was uncontrollably giggling into her hands.

Cat turned to Evan and pointed at him. "Stephen!" she yelled excitedly. Alice started cracking up and I was just confused.

"It's from...it's from the R-Renaissance Faire." Alice said in between giggles. Cat glared at Alice and said, "Shut up Heather." with a completely straight face. We all fell into hysterics.

"So how was it?" Jon asked Cat. Cat looked at Jon with a completely straight face and said, "Are you an alien or something? And you're coming to take me to your evil overlords?"

"No, Cat, I'm your brother." Jon said. No one could control their giggles.

Cat looked to the window with a dreamy look in her eye and started saluting again. But this time, she sung the entirety of My Country Tis of Thee. When she was done with her solo, she looked to us and pointed to Ryan, reciting the Pledge of Allegiance

"Alright, Cat, we better head on home. You need to get to bed." I said.

"Wait!" Cat said, and we all looked at her. "Katie, can I have an orange?"

"I don't have an orange." Katie said, trying to control her giggles.

"Okay, Sunshine, you need to go home and get to bed." I said, laughing. Cat stared at me with a blank expression and quietly said, "I thought I was already home, cause my friends are here!"

"'Friends?' Honey, what friends?" Alice asked.

"You know, my friends! Like Jess and Katie and Alice and Barrett and Evan and Jon and Ryan!" Cat said happily. "I love them so much, they're so amazing and good to me."

I heard Katie say "Aww" under her breath, and Evan smiled.

"Sunshine, those aren't your friends. Those are your family members." I said. "Remember?" Cat's memory seemed to come back and she nodded frantically.

"Mom?" Cat asked.

"Yes, Sunshine?" I asked.

"We should go get burgers and fries. Ooh, and dill pickles. Bathe me in dill pickles." Cat said, following it with demonic laughter.

I laughed and scooped my daughter up, kissing her nose. I put her in the car and she could not stop laughing the whole way home.

When we got home, the first thing she did was fall asleep. And she was out cold.

_________________________________________________________

Catlynn's POV

I woke up in my own bed, at my own house. The last thing I remember was being at the hospital.

The first thing I heard upon opening my eyes was...laughter? Hysterical laughter, in fact.

Ryan barged in my room and said, "Hey guys, Sunshine's awake!"

Elle ran into my room and threw her arms around me. "Okay, no one can control their giggles right now. Morning, Sunshine."

"Should I be concerned?" I asked. Elle laughed and said, "Well...the laughing gas made you a little...loopy."

Oh no. I've seen videos of this on YouTube before.

"What did I say?" I asked.

"Well, you sung a bunch of patriotic America songs, pointed at me and recited the Pledge of Allegiance, you wanted to go to school, thought Jon was an alien, and asked Katie for an orange." Ryan said.

"IF EVAN VIDEOTAPED THIS..." I raged. Evan laughed and handed me his phone. Five minutes into the video, I turned it off.

"You guys are hopeless. But I love you."

"We love you too, Sunshine." Elle said.

AN: Spontaneous idea, but here's some Cat-On-Laughing-Gas fluff! Thanks to vee_sarkisian and @Pantherclaw02648 (grr it won't let me tag) for some of the things that Cat said. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!