Not One Person Is Listening

Elle's POV

I was on my way home when my phone rang. It was Katie.

"Hi. I'm at the hospital." Katie said. 

"You're saying that so casually. What's going on?" I asked, pulling over.

"Hi...just so you know...your daughter's in major surgery...just saying." Katie said. As soon as I hear those words, I felt like screaming.

"She's in WHAT?" I yelled, hoping that no one outside the car could hear me. Katie sighed and said, "1. People are staring at me because you're being so loud. Calm down. And 2. It's a very long story."

"Well, tell me the long story! I need an explanation." I yelled. 

Katie sighed and said, "So, she was home alone, as I'm sure you knew. I decided to come over, you know, to surprise her. Then out of the blue, I thought it was a good idea to tell her that...um...I was in that subway crash. The one that killed Red. I'm sorry for telling you so late, by the way. Cat started freaking out then she tripped and knocked herself unconscious. I freaked out, called an ambulance, and somehow she hurt her knee in the process and needs yet another surgery."

"I have to go." I said, in shock. Once I hung up on Katie, I called the entire cast. I turned around and headed towards the all-familiar children's hospital. Where I've spent one-third of my life this past year.

________________________________________________________________________________

Catlynn's POV

I started blinking my eyes open, thinking I would be on the couch at home with Katie. 

Boy, I was wrong. 

The beeping sounds reached me first. And that was when it hit me, I was in the hospital. Something must've happened to me. 

I opened my eyes, and then I realized it wasn't just Katie there. It was my entire family. Who had called them, and why? 

"Hi. I said. For some reason, it was the first thing I could think to say. 

"Hey, Sunshine. You feeling okay? From what I heard, you had quite a fall." Evan said. I started to feel somewhat more awake, and I sat up on the hospital bed. "What fall?" I asked.

Then I remembered what had happened. Me tripping and falling back at home. That was the last thing I remembered.

"Do you...not remember what happened?" Katie asked. I shook my head no and said, "No, it's okay, it's coming back to me now. Am I...wait, what happened?"

"You had surgery on your knee. It took a pretty long time, I've been here for the past...seven or eight hours, actually." Elle said. "But it's okay, because for now, all the knee problems are gone."

"Does anything hurt?" Jon asked. I shook my head and said, "Either my knee is better, or these painkillers are really strong." 

"Probably the painkillers." Jessica laughed. I sighed and Elle handed me a Popsicle. I giggled a little and started sucking on the Popsicle. Mmm, cherry flavor!

"How long do I have to stay here?" I asked. Elle looked to Jessica and said, "Probably a day or so."

"But Mommy...elections are tomorrow. I can't miss elections. If I do, Violet Gardner won't leave me alone!" I said, starting to cry. Elle sighed and whispered something in Jessica's ear. 

"Listen, Cat, we'll figure it out. I know how much this means to you. Are you required to be there for some reason, or do you just want to be there?" Jessica asked. 

"I think the school wants candidates there, at least until they get the results." I said. "I really, really, really want to win this election, guys. It means so much to me!"

"I know. I know how much winning this thing means to you Sun-" Elle started to say, but then someone barged in the door. 

"I KNEW IT!" Violet Gardner said. "Hey Mom, look, it's that girl I told you about! You know, the one with the security blanket? Yeah, she's in the hospital. Again!" Violet manically cackled and Evan looked like he wanted to punch her.

"What are you doing here and how did you know she was here?" Evan snapped at Violet. Violet shifted on her feet and stepped towards Evan.

"I'm here because I wanted to say hi to Cat. And how I knew? I saw an ambulance going down her street." Violet said.

"A-ambulance?" I said, pointing to Katie. Katie nodded frantically then turned her attention towards Violet. 

"Get out of here." Evan said. "Now." Ryan stepped behind Evan and tried to control him, but Ryan looked mad too. 

"What are you doing here? If you were nicer to Cat I would thank you for coming to see how she was doing. But since all you care about is making her life miserable, I am going to kindly ask you to leave before I do something I regret." Evan said. Ryan high-fived him and Violet scoffed.

"See you at elections tomorrow, Crybaby Catherine." Violet said, slamming the door behind her. She opened it back up again and said, "By the way, you're gonna lose. You don't even stand a chance against me."

Violet left again, leaving the door to my hospital room slightly cracked. Ryan smiled a bit and Evan still looked like he wanted to punch something. He picked up my blankie from off the floor and started screaming into it. Everyone started laughing hysterically.

I tried to distract myself, but one thing kept coming back to haunt me.

The election

AN: ABH IS BACK! And I decided to come back with an evil plan...how's that for revenge, Cee? Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!