My Future's In Your Hands

"Cat!" Cesca yelled, hugging me. "How's Alice doing?"

"She got out of the hospital yesterday!" I yelled excitedly. "And I have news. Evan and Katie are watching us today."

"Oh no. Your brother." Cesca said, giggling. "Does he embarrass you? My older brother embarrasses me to no end."

"Oh yeah. Evan records every single big life event of mine. He has a folder on his phone titled 'Sunshine.' It's cute, I mean, I'm glad I have such an amazing brother, but sheesh."

"Sheesh indeed. My brother likes to do the Chicken Dance at random times." Cesca said, and I started cackling. "Don't let Evan hear you say that."

"Speaking of Evan..." Cesca said, pointing towards the door.

"Hide me!" I yelled. I ran backstage and hid behind one of the chairs we keep back there. I felt someone pick me up and I yelped.

"Got ya!" Evan yelled, and I giggled.

"Aww, darn it. I thought I won." I said. I hugged Evan and said, "Are you excited?"

"Yes!" Katie said from behind us. I hugged her then said, "We're starting at Solla Sollew. Also known as my favorite song in the entire show."

"Aren't you dead by then?" Rain asked. I laughed and said, "Evan, Katie, this is Rain. She's a Wickersham Brother." Rain waved, and said, "You're Cat's parents, right?"

"Brother and aunt." Evan said. "Cat has a big family."

"And Rain? No. I'm not dead. Christmas on Who hasn't happened yet." I said.

"I need an explanation." Evan said.

"You'll see." I said. I grabbed the pen and paper I used for Solla Sollew and walked out on stage. "See you guys when the show's over."

_________

"So rest now, young egg, and I'll sing you a lullaby..." Axel sung. The Solla Sollew opening played, and Axel started singing.

"There's a faraway land, so the stories all tell, somewhere beyond the horizon. If we can find it then all will be well. Troubles there are few, someday we'll go to Solla Sollew, Solla Sollew. Solla Sollew, Solla Sollew..." Axel sung.

"I've had so much trouble finding my way there, when I get close it disappears. If we can get there, we're gonna stay there, if it takes us miles. If it takes us years. High on a mountain or lost on the sea, sooner or later I'll find it." Axel sung. He made a great Horton.

"I have a picture of how it will be." Lachlan sung.

"On the day I do. Troubles will be through. But I'll be home with you. Solla Sollew, Solla Sollew." we all sung, and the song ended. Evan and Katie started clapping, and I blushed and went backstage.

___________

"I do not like green eggs and ham!" we sung after the bows were over. I jumped off stage and hugged Evan and Katie.

"That was amazing." Evan said. "You're an incredible little actress, Sunshine."

"Thanks." I said, blushing. I ran over to Katie and started jumping up and down. "Yopp." I said softly. Katie laughed and hugged me. "I love you as JoJo. I love you in general." she said. Evan picked me up and said, "I can't wait to see the show all complete and stuff!"

"Hey Cat!" I heard, and then I was attacked in a hug by Rain. "That was great!"

"Rain Tiller. Can I please breathe?" I asked, and Rain let go of me. "I'm sorry!" she said, and I hugged her.

"You two are adorable." Evan said. I laughed, and yelled, "Cesca! Get over here!" Cesca ran over and waved to Evan.

"Hi. Why was I summoned?" Cesca asked.

"You were summoned because I'm going home and want to say goodbye." I hugged Cesca and she said, "I'll see you at school tomorrow, though."

"Yeah. School. Where everyone learns and does all their work on time and doesn't fool around at all." I said, laughing. "But seriously, I need to get that English essay done."

"Then let's go home so you can get that English essay done." Katie said, laughing.

"It's not due until next Tuesday, but I want to get a head start on it." I said. Evan picked me up and kissed me on the cheek. "Smart Sunshine." he said.

"Wanna go home?" Katie asked. I nodded, and grabbed onto Evan's neck. Sure, I looked babyish being carried out of rehearsal by my brother, but I felt really calm and safe, like nothing could hurt me. I waved to my friends and left.

____

"ELLE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I ran into my apartment. I hugged Elle and Jess and said, "Rehearsal was super duper fun!"

"Someone's excited." Jessica said. "What was fun about it?"

"Evan and Katie came!" I yelled, and Elle smiled at Evan.

"I can confirm. What I saw of the show was great. 10/10." Evan said.

"He got to witness me sprint in a minefield and explode." I said.

"Yeah, which was so weird." Katie said.

"It's Lachlan's fault. He wanted to send me off to the military academy." I said.

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure he didn't want you to sprint in a minefield." Elle said, laughing. She hugged me and said, "I am so proud of you. You're doing such a good job with this show."

"I'm proud of myself." I said.

"I cannot wait to see the show." Elle said.

"Neither can I." Jess said.

"Thanks for supporting me, through everything. You guys are the best family I could ever ask for." I said.

"We love you so much, Sunshine. Always remember that." Elle said.

"I love you guys too." I said.

AN: This is the third time Solla Sollew has been in one of my books. What can I say? It's my favorite Seussical song. Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!