I'd Rather Have Christmas Than War, Wouldn't You?

"It's Christmas!" I yelled, jumping out of bed. I ran to Elle's room and started bouncing up and down on her bed. Elle whined and rolled over and I said, "Elle! Wake up, wake up, wake up! It's Christmas!" 

"Oh, I totally forgot." Elle said sarcastically. She woke up and smiled at me, and I gave her a big hug. "Merry Christmas, Sunshine." Elle said.

"Merry Christmas, Mommy." I said, hugging her tightly. This was the first Christmas in my entire life that probably would end well. Every Christmas before this year, something bad happened with my dad. 

But this year was different. I had a family now. A big loving family.

"What are we doing? What are we doing?" I asked excitedly. 

"First, go check the living room." Elle said. I got up and ran to the living room, and I gasped. A bunch of presents were gathered around the tree. I knelt down and realized they all had my name on them. 

"You did this all for me?" I asked. I felt Jessica hug me from behind and I yelped. 

"Merry Christmas, little Heather." Jessica said. I giggled and Jessica kissed me on the cheek. "Open your presents." Jessica ordered. 

"You can't tell me what to do. Elle's my mom, not you." I said, giggling. Elle laughed as well and said, "Open your presents." 

"Are these all...from the two of you?" I asked. Elle and Jessica sheepishly looked at each other and nodded. "Guys...you didn't have to do that."

"Oh, yes we did. Now open them. I want to see what you think." Elle said. I smiled and started tearing open wrapping paper.

________

Two hours later, there was a mountain of wrapping paper behind the couch. And in front of me, there was makeup, books, journals, room decoration, clothes, laptop stickers, more books, stationery, random stuff, a new Polaroid camera, a couple of fake plants, and some rainbow sticky notes. 

All that was left was two big boxes. 

"What's this stuff?" I asked. Jessica smiled and pushed the smaller of the two boxes towards me. I unwrapped the package, and I was very confused when I saw a black saxophone case.

"I have a saxophone case." I said, confused. Elle laughed and said, "Open it up." I opened it up and it was a red saxophone.

And let me tell you, I screamed so loudly you could hear it from space. 

"Oh my God! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I yelled, hugging Elle and Jessica as tight as I could. 

"Open the other box." Elle said. I opened it up and said, "A TV?" 

"Yeah, for your room! You're old enough." Elle said, laughing. I hugged her and said, "Thank you!"

"I think she's still in shock from the saxophone." Jessica whispered to Elle, who giggled. I ran to my room and said, "I have some surprises for you guys, too." 

I grabbed the three boxes and ran back to the living room. I handed one of them to Elle and the other to Jessica. 

Elle and Jessica opened the boxes and gasped. I could only smile.

"You two got me tickets to Heathers for my birthday, I'm giving you two tickets to my first dance competition for Christmas." I said.

Jessica smiled and said, "You're...competitive now?" I smiled and nodded, and said, "There's a second surprise." 

I opened the third box and pulled out my pointe shoes. "I'm on pointe now." I said, smiling. I put them on and tried to find my balance. Once I did, I could not stop smiling. 

"You're so graceful." Elle said. I took off my pointe shoes and put them back in my room. "Were you surprised?" I asked Elle and Jessica when I came back.

"We are so incredibly proud of you." Elle said. I smiled and blushed. 

"Hey, Cat, do you want to bake Christmas cookies? Because why not?" Jessica asked. I lit up and nodded. "Heck yeah!" I yelled. 

______

An hour later, there were a bunch of cookies in plastic bags, and we were all eating cookies. This was honestly the best Christmas I have ever had in forever. 

"Thanks for the best day of my life, you guys." I said. 

"Aww, you're welcome Sunshine, but you haven't had one good Christmas before this?" Elle said, and I sadly shook my head. "Last year, my dad beat me up because I put an ornament in the wrong place. He locked me in my room and only gave me a cheap used card as a present. And wrote 'To Catherine' on it. I threw it away as soon as I read the name."

"Oh my God. No kid should ever have to deal with that. But you're here now. Loved and cared for. And we wouldn't trade you for anything. Not even the whole world." Elle said. I smiled slightly and cleaned up the mess we made.

"I love you guys. Merry Christmas." I said, hugging Elle and Jess.

"Merry Christmas, Sunshine."

AN: About time I put out a cute Christmas chapter! But it's gonna get evil pretty soon, just warning you. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!