I'm Hugging My Knees

"Cat, Katie's gonna pick you up from rehearsals today." Elle said before I got out of the car to go to rehearsals.

"Oh my God! Yes! I haven't seen Katie in forever!" I yelled, a little too loudly. Elle laughed and I got out of the car.

"Good luck, Sunshine! Have fun!" Elle called from the car. I waved at her and walked into the theater.

"Cat!" I heard, and my friend Rain was sitting on the stage. "What's up?"

"My aunt's picking me up today. I haven't seen her in forever." I said excitedly. Cesca shot a confused glance at me, and then it hit her.

"You're in Biggest Blame Fool, right?" Rain asked, and I said, "I'm still the Boy then, so yes. I don't get pushed in the story as JoJo until right after Here on Who." Rain nodded, and said, "I get to steal a clover."

"You steal my home. Rude." I said, and we both laughed. I'm glad I was making friends.

"Ready to go on stage, Cat?" Rain asked, and I excitedly ran on stage.

"Hey, Cat! I found some Spelling Bee props!" Cesca yelled, and I ran backstage with her and Lachlan.

"Hey, it's Victor's candy thing!" Lachlan yelled, and I giggled as well. "Where's the fog machine?"

"Oh my God, do not mention the fog machine." Lachlan screeched.

"Imagine having to be on stage during that. I feel bad for those people." Cesca smirked.

"Yeah, that was me!" I yelled, and we all giggled.

"We have to get on stage. Come on, guys." Lachlan said. Wow, he embodied Mr. Mayor well.

__________

"Now that is a very unusual hat. I wonder what could be under a hat such as that. It could be a creature they call the Ga-Zhat, who balances things on his head, cause it's flat. Or a stripe-loving Pipester from Upper Mount Bat. Or a sort of a...kind of a hat wearing...cat!" I said. I heard someone yelling, "Red!" from backstage and Red ran out.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm here." Red said, and the cast started giggling.

"I can see that you have quite a mind for your age. Why one Think, and you dragged me right onto the stage. Now I'm here, there's no telling what may ensue! With a cat like me, and a Thinker like you! Oh, the Thinks you can think, oh, the Thinks you can think, if you're willing to try. Think invisible ink, or a Gink with a stink, or a stair to the sky! If you open your mind, oh the Thinks you will find lining up to get loose! Oh, the Thinks you can think when you think about Seuss!"

I loved that song. So much.

After that song was over, I got on the platform with Red for Horton Hears a Who and Biggest Blame Fool. Then, right after Here on Who, when Lachlan and Cesca yelled at me, Rain smiled at me, and I got in position behind the wooden bathtub.

"This might be a pool, like I've read of in books, connected to one of those underground brooks. An underground river that starts here and flows, right under the bathtub, and then? Who knows! It's possible, anything's possible! It's possible, anything's possible! It might go along down where no one can see, right under State Highway 203. Right under the wagons, right under the toes of Mrs. Umbroso, who's hanging out clothes. It's possible, anything's possible! This might be a river, now mightn't it be. Connecting McElligot's pool with the sea! And maybe some fish might be swimming, swimming towards me!"

I went backstage for How to Raise a Child, then I went on stage for The Military.

"I'm General Genghis Khan Schmitz! I scare children out of their wits! But you'll see at a glance, sir, my school is the answer for shirkers and dreamers and twits. And in this case I'll say the shoe fits." Drew screamed. She made a good General.

I started awkwardly marching in place.

"The military academy is the place where he should be sent. We'll drill the silliness from his head, I'm sure we'll make a dent. We'll teach him fighting and left and righting until he's muscled and tan! A-hut-two-three, he's pathetic! A-hut-two-three, unathletic! A-hut-two-three, but I'm betting we can! The military, that's what makes a boy a man!"

I started marching in the line of Cadets, then I did an awkward push-up. I'm not good at push-ups.

After that song, it was time for Alone in the Universe. When my verse started, I was almost about to cry.

"I'm alone in the universe. So alone in the universe. My own planets and stars are glowing. No one notices anything. Not one person is listening. They don't have any way of knowing I have wings and I can fly, around the moon and far beyond the sky. And someday soon, you will hear my plea."

"One small voice in the universe." Axel sung.

"One true friend in the universe. Please believe in me." I sung.

After Amayzing Gertrude was over, we ran out of time, and I grabbed my bag and said goodbye to my castmates.

"See you soon, Cat?" Lachlan asked, and I shot him finger guns. I hugged Cesca and Red and waved to Rain and Sunny.

I ran out of the theater and got into the front seat of Katie's car.

"Hey! Cat!" she said. She looked at me and said, "How was rehearsal?"

"Great. We didn't get through all of Act 1, sadly. That's gonna mean longer rehearsals." I said as Katie pulled out of her parking spot and started driving away.

"What are your songs again?" Katie asked. I sighed, and said, "Um, It's Possible is my big solo. I sing a lot in Alone in the Universe as well. That song sort of hits me hard, I really do feel alone in the universe sometimes."

"You're not alone in the universe, Cat. You never will be alone again." Katie said. She leaned over and kissed my cheek. "You're so smart and strong. And I love you."

Katie's phone rang, and she picked it up.

"Hang on, Cat. Your mom's calling." I put in my earbuds and started listening to Seussical.

After around 10 minutes, Katie pulled the car over and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Um, Cat. I have bad news." Katie said. I put down my phone and stared at her.

Katie sighed, and said, "I'm so sorry, Cat."

"What's going on?" I asked anxiously.

"Alice is in the hospital." Katie said.

AN: HAHAHA! Ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, huh? Don't get mad at me, please. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!