Doesn't Anyone Else Care About The Rules?

"Great. Great, great, great." I said, storming in the apartment after school.

"Sunshine?" Elle asked, turning around from her spot on the couch. I sighed and said, "I may not have a boyfriend anymore. According to Ebony, he only dated me because of...um...you. I guess dating a Broadway star's adopted daughter was his way of getting a leg up on the social ladder. But on the bright side, I'm now considered one of the 'cool kids.'"

"Why is that?" Jessica asked. "The whole Angus thing."

"Because he just ignored me all day. Every time I tried to wave to him, he would turn the other way and start whistling or something. It was frankly annoying. I'm thinking of breaking up with him." I said.

"Wow, you're breaking up with him?" Elle asked, laughing. "That's a first!"

"Shush. And about the 'cool kids' thing, I'm now considered the most musically talented kid at Jackson. Which automatically makes me popular." I said.

There was a knock on the door and Ebony was standing there, smiling. She was holding what looked like a cake.

"Ebony? Come in, I guess...and why did you bring a cake with you?" I asked. Ebony laughed and said, "I just thought that a cake would cheer you up! I finally heard from Angus and Grayson, they're finally talking to me."

"What did they have to say?" I asked, scoffing. Ebony rolled her eyes and said, "Okay, so, I asked 'Why are you being such a jerk to Catlynn? She thinks you're avoiding her on purpose.' and Angus gave the worst excuse I've ever heard, which was 'I thought she was absent.' And I was like 'That's absurd, she was in band class and you were there when she got praised. Why aren't you really talking to her?'"

"And?" Jessica asked. "Why is Angus avoiding Cat?"

"It's exactly what I thought. Angus just wants the fame. He's a jerk. I told him to not speak to me, you, or Vera until he shapes up." Ebony said. I high-fived Ebony and said, "But he was a good friend to me."

"Yeah, he started being a jerk once he realized you had a crush on him. Hate to burst your bubble." Ebony said, awkwardly patting my head. I laughed a little. Ebony was a good friend.

"Heard you were over here." Vera said, banging in the door. I groaned, realizing I forgot to lock it. "Hey, Cat."

"Hey." I said, waving. I loved hanging out with my friends. Well. The ones that didn't use me for my family.

"So, Angus is a liar and a jerk." Vera scoffed. I laughed. "Yeah, pretty much." I said. 

"Angus was a good friend." Elle said. Jessica slapped her and said, "Angus isn't dead! He's just...manipulating." 

"All of my boyfriends hated me. Ethan did and Angus did." I said. "That's it. I'm not going to date anyone again until I graduate high school. 5 more years." 

Jessica smiled and sighed. "That's a very mature, adult decision Catlynn." I smiled and nodded. I was a hopeless romantic, but I've gotten my heart broken too much lately. And I didn't want it to happen a third time.

"You haven't officially called it off with Angus yet, have you?" Ebony asked. I shook my head and said, "I'm still technically together with him."

"Oh God." Vera said. "Good luck tomorrow at school." 

I giggled a bit and then Vera and Ebony left.

 Once they left, Elle said, "How's your knee doing?"

I slid off the knee brace and looked at the scar. My knee was still a bit swollen and sore, but it didn't hurt as much as it did before. 

"It looks better. Much better." Elle said. "How does it feel?" Elle gently touched my kneecap and I winced a little. 

"It feels almost normal." I said. "When can I go back to ballet?" Elle sighed and said, "In two weeks. But you have to be careful." I nodded, feeling suddenly giddy about going back to ballet. 

Ballet was my one coping mechanism. 

"I'm kind of sad." I said. Elle hugged me and said, "I know. I know how hard it is. But try to stay strong. You're my little sunshine girl, always stay that way. Okay?"

"Okay." I said. I hugged Elle and Jessica and said, "I love you guys more than anything else in the world."

"We love you too, Sunshine." Jessica said. "More than anything else."

AN: I didn't exactly HURT Angus. But him and Cat are no longer together. I am so sorry. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!