Dreadful Etiquette, I Know

Elle's POV

It was 3 in the morning and I shot awake to Catlynn screaming my name from her room.

Another nightmare. Poor girl.

I ran in, and to my horror, her dad had climbed through the window. And was holding her down on the floor. Catlynn was crying.

"Sunshine!" I cried, diving on her bed. Her dad had grabbed my leg and pushed me into her closet. Catlynn cried, "Elle! No!" and tried to get away from her dad. She reached out as far as she could and put her hand on my leg, but her dad had pulled her back.

I ran out of the room and called 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Hi..." I said with a shaky voice, "my foster daughter's biological dad climbed through my window without permission and is harassing her and me." I quietly told the 911 operator the situation and my address, and then called Jessica.

"Hi...sorry for calling you so early...Catlynn's dad climbed through the window and is now holding her down on the floor...can you come over?" I heard Jessica gasp and say, "Oh my God, I'll be right there."

I ran back to Catlynn's room and then I heard sirens outside the window. Her dad dropped her and jumped out the window, and Catlynn ran into my arms.

"Oh my God, Sunshine, are you okay?" I asked. Catlynn pulled away, and showed me that the leg that wasn't hurt was completely swollen. "Everything hurts...I can't stand up." she said.

"Let's get you fixed up." I extended my hand and Catlynn grabbed it, wincing in pain as she stood her up. She then dropped down to the ground, so I picked her up and kissed her forehead.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Jessica!" I cried, running to the door. I let Jessica in and we went to the bathroom.

"Wow, both of Catlynn's arms are injured." Jessica said.

"So are my legs." Catlynn said, showing Jessica her swollen ankle. I wrapped up her ankle too and then picked her up. Catlynn buried her face in my chest and I kissed her head.

I put her in her bed,  tucked her in and said, "Sweet dreams, Sunshine. I love you." Then Jessica and I went to Catlynn's room and cleaned it up.

"I feel so bad for her." Jessica said. "She's too young to be abused."

"She's too special to be abused." I said.

Jessica smiled slyly and said, "Elle...do you know what this means?"

I squinted at her and said, "No..."

"Her dad's arrested. He can't take her back. She's yours now."

I jumped up and hugged Jessica. "We won. Jessica, we won."

"Not yet. We still need to make this legal." Jessica said.

"We're going to win. I know it." I said.

_______
Catlynn's POV

I shot awake after another nightmare. I could see the sun pouring in through the window. I heard the door open, and Elle was there.

I tried to get out of bed but fell to the floor again. I took the weight off of my hurt ankle and limped to the bathroom to freshen up. I fell on the floor in pain, and Elle ran over and said, "Oh Sunshine..."

"No...no more hospitals..." I said. I grabbed onto Elle and she lifted me into her lap. She said, "I think he may have broken your leg. Your other leg is looking better, you can probably take the brace off of that soon. And your arm will be healed in about a week. We're going to have to get that checked out, but in the meantime, let's get you to bed." Elle picked me up and put me down in my bed. She laid down next to me and pulled me towards her, and I snuggled into her.