People Hurt Us...

"Catlynn, better form." my dance teacher said. "Stand up straighter." I readjusted myself so I was looking directly in the mirror, and started on my pirouette again.

I loved ballet. It was my one coping mechanism. It helped that I went to dance three nights a week for 4 hours. I took a quick look at myself in the mirror, with my black leotard and pink tights and pink ballet slippers and my hair neatly done in a ballet bun. I took a deep breath and started spinning around, using the wall as a spot.

"Okay, Cat, bend your arms a little more." my teacher said, readjusting my arms. "There we go. Keep going, you almost aced this part."

My solo for the Nutcracker was fully choreographed, and I had learned the Children's Dance by heart in around 5 days. I was helping the younger kids that were doing it with me.

I was working on my duet with a girl named Juno. She was young, around 9 or 10. But she looked like a fifteen-year-old. She was around my height, had short bleach blonde hair, and wore glasses. She felt like a little sister to me. Her aunt was my friend Erin, the girl who played Rona in Spelling Bee.

"Cat." Juno asked me.

"Yeah?" I said, stopping my turn.

"How long have you been doing ballet? Because you're really good." Juno asked, pushing her hair back.

"Aww, thanks! I've only been dancing for around a month." I said.

"A month? And you're already on the competitive team? I've been dancing for two years!" Juno said, shocked.

"Yeah." I said, continuing my dance.

"You have a solo, right? The Arabian dance?" Juno asked, I nodded, and she said, "That's actually the solo I wanted. But you deserve it way more than I do."

I smiled and started spinning around again. Juno said, "Wait, Cat...I think my aunt knows you!"

"Yeah! Erin was my castmate in Spelling Bee!" I said.

"She's such a theater nerd, it's insane. Like, she fangirls about the Heathers cast like a 12 year old on a sugar high. And she's 19, almost 20. My little sister, Promise, gets so annoyed by her fangirling, especially because she's too young to watch Heathers."

Did Juno know I was adopted by Elle?

"Heathers is pretty great." I said, not revealing anything.

"I know! I love it too, Erin's got me hooked on it. Is it bad that I have a crush on Jessica Keenan Wynn? And Ryan McCartan?" Juno said.

Oh boy, Juno, little do you know.

"Erin sung Lifeboat for her audition song. Then yelled 'Shut up, Heather!' for mic check." I said, and Juno cackled while we got water.

"Sounds like her. Every single time she came home from rehearsals, she'd sing 'It's my favorite moment of the bee! Rona's favorite moment of the bee!'" Juno said, singing mockingly.

"That's actually hilarious." I said. "I tried to hide the plot of the show from my family. They didn't want any spoilers."

"Figures." Juno said. "We better get back to practice." I nodded and got back on the dance floor.

I started spinning around, then I tripped and fell on my own feet. I landed on my shoulder, then it went numb.

Five minutes later, a shooting pain went up my arm.

"Ow!" I cried, looking at my arm.

I had dislocated my shoulder.

"Yikes. That must hurt." my dance teacher said. I nodded, and he said, "Let's get you to the ER."

________
Elle's POV

I was on the phone with Cat's dance teacher. Apparently, she had dislocated her shoulder and was in the hospital.

Poor Sunshine. In the hospital, all alone.

I walked out to the living room, clutching my phone.

"Hey guys, um, Cat's in the hospital." I said.

"What?" Jessica and Ryan said at the same time.

"Why?" Jessica asked.

"She dislocated her shoulder." I said.

"Well, we better go." Jessica said, starting to get up.

"Who's going?" Ryan asked.

"We could all go, but we would have to take different vehicles." I said.

"Cat would be overwhelmed, she's probably already in a lot of pain." Jessica said.

"Well, I know I'm going. Who else wants to go?" I asked.

Ryan raised his hand, and Jessica raised hers, but quickly put it back down.

"Can I come?" Alice asked.

"Yes, Alice, you can come. Jessica, do you want to come?" Jessica nodded, and I said, "And I think that's all Cat can handle, unless someone else wants to come."

Jessica, Ryan, Alice, and I ran out to my car.

_________
Catlynn's POV

I was crying in pain. I was alone and scared, and my shoulder hurt so much. I heard a bang on the door and Elle ran in, followed by Jess, Alice, and Ryan.

"Sunshine! Are you okay?" Elle asked, running in.

I was crying, and Elle said, "Oh, Sunshine, I'm so sorry."

I said, "This hurts so bad..." and Elle said, "They'll fix it. It won't take long."

"Elle...this really hurts." I said, glancing over at my swollen shoulder.

"Sunshine, I know. It'll be fixed soon." Elle said.

"I'm scared." I said, looking at Jessica with tears in my eyes.

"It'll be okay, we're here." Jessica said.

I reached my other hand out and said, "Can...can someone hold my hand?" Ryan grabbed my hand and squeezed it, and said, "You just have to hold on a little longer."

"This hurts so bad..." I said, crying in pain.

"Cat, it's okay, alright? It won't take long." Jessica said.

Suddenly, my shoulder popped back into place. It startled everyone a bit.

"You did great, Sunshine." Elle said.

I nodded, and the doctor put my arm in a sling.

"Wear this for three weeks, then you should be all set." he said, and Elle nodded.

_________

When we got home, I immediately went to my room and changed out of my dance clothes. Elle opened the door once I was done and said, "No dance for three weeks, huh?" I sighed, and said, "Dance was my one coping mechanism."

Elle hugged me gently, and said, "I know. We'll find something else for you to do in the meantime. Now go to the living room, Jess is setting up a movie for you and her."

I lit up and ran to the couch.

"Watch out, Cat!" Jess said, catching me as I fell into her.

"Hi." I snuggled into Jessica and said, "I'm kind of tired."

"You had a late night. Go to sleep."

Jessica stroked my hair and rocked me back and forth until I drifted off to sleep.

AN: So...um, Cat got hurt again. Please don't sue me. I know I'm the girl who writes sad chapters. THAT'S JUST WHO I AM, OKAY? Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!