Are We Going To Have A Problem?

"Oh my God. Cat." Axel said.

"Yeah?" I said.

"You stood up to Violet Gardner. Oh my God, that's awesome!" Axel said.

"It was nothing." I said. "But she apologized, so that's good."

"Great." Axel said. "Wanna head to Band?"

"I just want to be alone right now." I said.

Axel led me to an empty hallway and said, "Everything okay at home? Like, with Jess and everything?" I nodded, and said, "Yeah. Everything's fine."

Everything wasn't fine. Jessica started physical therapy and it freaked me out every time she went. I waved at Axel and went to the bathroom, needed some time alone.

My phone vibrated right then and there.

Elle: Cat, do you mind calling me when you get a chance?
Cat: I'll call you now.

I picked up my phone, nervous, and called Elle.

"Hello?" I said.

"Sunshine, I have bad news. I'm coming to pick you up from school." Elle said.

"How is that bad news?" I asked.

Elle sighed, and said, "Cat, Jessica's in the hospital again."

I started to sob. "What? What happened?"

"She fell again and has to get another surgery. I am so sorry, Sunshine. I'm picking you up so you can come see her."

"Yeah. See you in a few minutes."

I hung up and ran down to the Band room to get my stuff, trying hard not to sob.

"Woah, Kit, are you okay?" Red asked. I nodded, and said, "Yeah. I have to go home."

"Are you sure everything's okay?" Axel asked, and I nodded.

"I have to go. See you guys later." I said, running out to Elle's car.

___________

"Is Jessica going to be okay?" I asked as Elle was driving.

"It's not looking good. She really messed up her foot. She's going to be in surgery for a while. Just have hope, Sunshine. That's all we can do at this point."

I nodded, and said, "I'm really scared, Elle."

Elle nodded and said, "I know, Sunshine. It's going to be okay. Just be the sweet, positive ray of sunshine you are."

I smiled as Elle pulled into the hospital parking lot.

"STOP!" I cried, starting to break. Elle pulled over and said, "What's wrong, Sunshine?" I started to sob, and said, "I can't do this...I'm too scared."

"Listen...I know you've been through way too much, and I get that hospitals scare you. I could drop you off at Evan or Ryan's house if you want." I shook my head and said, "I want to see Jess, though..."

"I know. I know. Listen, do you want me to call Ryan or Evan or Alice? For moral support?" I nodded, and Elle pulled out her phone.

"Alice? Hey, I took Cat to the hospital, and she's getting scared. Do you mind coming to distract her?" Elle listened for a few seconds, then said, "Great. See you soon." She hung up, and said to me, "Alice and Evan are coming to take you to lunch. They'll bring you here once Jess is out of surgery."

I nodded, then Alice's car pulled up. Elle hugged me and said, "Go have fun. You need a distraction." I smiled, and got into the backseat.

"Hey, baby sis!" Evan said, turning around.

"Hi. I'm not in the mood." I said, pulling out my math textbook and studying it.

"I know, Sunshine." Alice said. "Evan and I are taking you out for lunch."

"I'm not in the mood, I'm serious. I just want life to be normal again."

"You've been through so much, I'm not sure you know what 'normal' feels like. And I'm so sorry." Evan said.

"To me, 'normal' feels like the first few weeks after Elle found me. We were all happy, the show was still going on, I had a friend at school, Jessica was in one piece, and I didn't even know who Violet Gardner was." I said, crying.

"Hey, do you want to go to your house for now? We could order takeout." Alice said.

"That's me and Jessica's thing, though." I said, and Alice sighed. "I forgot. I'm sorry. Pizza?"

I lit up. "There's that smile." Evan said. That feeling didn't last long, though. I started to break, and I cried into my knees until Alice pulled into the driveway.

___________

"Cat? Can I come in? Please?" Alice asked. This was the third time she knocked on the door.

"Just go away." I said, crying. I was letting out the feelings I have kept in for months.

"Listen, I hear you sobbing in there. Just let me come in and talk to you."

"Fine!" I said, and Alice opened the door. She sat on my bed and took my hand.

"Are you going to be okay?" I shook my head and fell into her.

"Hey. Shh...Sunshine, it's okay." Alice said.

"It's fine..." I said with a shaky voice. The shaking turned to sobs pretty soon, and Alice rubbed my back. "You're okay, I'm okay, everything's okay." Alice said.

"I hate this feeling..." I said.

"Listen. I know, this is so hard, and I know you're hurting. I know it seems like the end of the world right now, but it really is going to be okay. You're going to be okay. You have 8 people who love you more than anything in the world." Alice kissed my head and said, "I love you more than anything, Sunshine. I'm always here for you."

AN: I'm writing this with soapy hands. And sorry for slightly ending on a cliffhanger. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!