I Am Damaged

I was sitting in my room, texting my friends after rehearsal. 

Suddenly, I heard a loud clap of thunder and I screamed. I have a severe fear of thunder.

"MOMMY!" I yelled, and Elle ran in. 

"Sunshine, I'm right here. It's okay. Are you scared of the thunder?" Elle said softly, hugging me. I nodded, and started to sob. I heard another loud thunderclap and screamed, "It's too loud!"

"I know, I know. It'll blow over, it'll be alright." Elle said. She hugged me close and rubbed my back. "Do you want me to get your headphones? Maybe music will help." I started crying, and Elle hugged me. "You'll be okay. It'll be over soon." she said. She kissed my head and stroked my hair.

"I'm scared..." I said.

"Do you want a cuddle?" Elle said. I nodded, and Elle cuddled me. I buried my face in her chest. Elle rocked me back and forth and then said, "Do you want me to sing? Maybe that would help?" I nodded, and another thunderclap occurred. "Shh...it's okay. You're going to be okay." Elle said. 

Elle started singing Kindergarten Boyfriend, and I focused on her heartbeat. "Do you want to go play a game in the living room with Jessica and I? It might not be as loud there." Elle asked, and I nodded.

Suddenly, the power went out, and I started crying.

"Hey, don't cry. It's okay. I'll go get a flashlight." Elle said. She ran out of my room and came back with a flashlight. She turned it on and my room lit up. 

"See? Look. It's okay. I can see your face." Elle said, stroking my cheek. I ran out to the living room, which was completely dark. 

"Cat?" I heard Jessica say.

"Hi..." I said. 

"She got scared." Elle said, hugging me. I sighed, and hugged Jessica. "I have a severe fear of thunder." I said. 

"The noise?" Jessica asked, and I nodded. "I forgot you had a noise sensitivity. I'm sorry." 

"It's fine. You can't control the weather." I said, finally drying my tears. The storm got worse and I started shaking and crying. I kneeled down and covered my ears.

"My poor little Sunshine." Elle said, kneeling down next to me. "Hey, Sunshine, it's okay. We're both right here. We're not going anywhere." Elle started stroking my hair and trying to keep me calm, but it wasn't working.

"I have an idea!" Jessica yelled, and I yelped. "Sorry." she said.

"What's your idea?" I asked.

"I'm gonna put on a sappy romance movie. Those always make Cat laugh. Me and her like to make fun of them." Jessica said. I sighed, and said, "Fine with me." I got on the couch and snuggled into Jessica. I buried my face in her chest and listened to her heartbeat. 

"You're okay, Sunshine. Just relax." Jessica said. Elle handed me a bag of potato chips and I lit up. I started eating the potato chips, and Jessica stole a few.

"Those are mine!" I yelled, and Jessica grabbed them. We started fighting over them like we were toddlers.

"I appreciate seeing Sunshine smile, but jeez! Quit fighting!" Elle said, and she grabbed the chips from us. We both whined and I went back to hugging Jessica. 

"Jess? I'm scared." I said.

"It's okay, Sunshine. I'm here." Jessica hugged me tightly and I started crying. Jessica rocked me back and forth and rubbed my back. 

"It's almost midnight. Cat, are you tired?" Elle asked. I nodded, and then said, "I'm scared." 

"I got an idea." Elle said. She ran to my room and grabbed my security blanket. She laid it down on the floor and said, "Lay on this." I was confused, but did it anyway. Elle rolled me into the blanket and picked me up. She put me down on Jessica's chest and Jessica hugged me.

"Good night, Sunshine." Jessica said.

"Good night, Jessica. See you in Solla Sollew." I said, quoting Seussical.

___________

I woke up to the sun blinding me through the window. 

"Good morning, Cat!" Elle said, opening the curtains. I whined and rolled off of my bed. 

"How are you feeling?" Elle asked. 

"Better." I said. Elle hugged me and said, "Do you want to do something fun today?" I thought about it, and said, "Yeah, but I don't know what."

"That's my surprise. Ryan's coming over today." I smiled like an idiot, and Elle said, "I have better news. Alice is feeling better and she's coming too." I screamed with pure joy and hugged Elle. 

The doorbell rang and I ran to open it. 

"Hi." Alice said, patting my head. "Nice tonsils." I started cackling, and Elle said, "She's really happy."

"How much sugar did Jessica give her?" Ryan asked, and Elle laughed.

"None. I hate sweets." I said.  

"Sure, Sunshine." Alice said. "How's Seussical going?"

"Lachlan and Cesca and I are trying to block the parts before It's Possible. Lachlan plays Mr. Mayor and Cesca plays Mrs. Mayor." I said.

"You're the mayor's daughter?" Ryan asked, and I nodded.

"I'm the mayor of Who. Why, I've just been elected. And upright behavior is thus forth expected. Yet here sits my daughter who got sent home by her teachers for thinking strange things and inventing strange creatures." I said. 

"Bad Sunshine. You got suspended." Alice said, hugging me.

"It's a musical!" I said. "Now take your bath and go to bed, and think some normal Thinks instead." I said. "That starts It's Possible. I yell at Red for encouraging me, then she encourages me to think of the bathtub as McElligot's pool."

"You really love that song." Ryan said.

"It's my solo. Now shut up and let me play JoJo." I said. Ryan giggled and picked me up. 

"You make the cutest little JoJo." Ryan said. I buried my face in Ryan's neck and he kissed my head. "I love you, my sweet little JoJo." 

"I love you too, Ryan." I said.

AN: I love Seussical so much. It's such a good show. I love Heathers too, Heathers will always be my all time favorite musical. Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!