I Think Dad Is Angry, Ma

"Catlynn Reeve." I heard from behind me as I was walking home. I stumbled on my own feet and turned around. To my absolute horror, my dad was standing there. Seriously? What is with me and horrible things happening? And people turning against me?

"That's not my name." I said coldly. "And you know my mom can put a restraining order against you, and she's not afraid to."

"From where? Heaven?" my dad cackled. I wasn't amused. Sure, my birth mother died, but she really didn't love me anyway.

"You know who I'm talking about. And here's the thing. I have 8 Broadway stars on speed dial. And I'm not afraid to call one of them. So I'd be careful if I were you." I said.

"Oh, talking back now, are we? Well, Catherine, would it interest you to know that you're not going back to that Broadway lady again?" my dad said. I froze in fear. Surely he was joking. Surely.

"You're joking. You're seriously joking. And she has a name. It's Elle. And if you're going to take me back, sober up enough to learn my name." I said, laughing.

My dad inched closer to me and pushed me against a wall. The last time this happened, Elle saved me. That's how I met her. But I was walking home from school. Elle was at home. I tried to push him away, but he had too strong of a grip on me.

I reached down and felt my pocket. My phone was still there. Good. I could call someone if I needed to.

I finally got the strength to push my dad away and run. Run like my life depended on it. Which in this case, it kind of did.

I felt kind of lucky I was in New York City during the afternoon. It was rush hour, there were tons of people here. I found a Target and ran into the bathroom. Luckily, no one was there.

"Please don't tell me my dad is chasing me..." I said to myself, then I pulled out my phone. I scrolled through my contacts and debated which cast member I should call. Not Elle or Jess, that's for sure. My dad would surely be onto me then, and he would want revenge.

Then it hit me. Was the crash...his revenge? It was Jessica's fault my dad got arrested, she was the one who called 911 when I got pinned to that wall. Was there a chance my dad...was out to kill Jess? And he almost succeeded, that was the worst part.

I shook it off, it was probably just a random drunk driver. I scrolled through my contacts and decided to call Alice.

The phone rang for what seemed like years, then Alice picked up. "Cat?" she said.

"Hi...I have to talk quietly, I'm sorry. M-my dad found me on the street and threatened to take me back. He pinned me to a wall again. And...um...I ran into a Target and I'm hiding in a bathroom. I'm scared." I said. "I mean...what if he's trying to find Elle?"

"Oh my God. Sunshine. I'm so, so sorry. Um, let me try to pick you up. I don't think you should go home, I think your dad knows your address. Let me text your mom, and see if you can stay with me for a few days. Okay?" Alice asked. I managed to let out a soft "Yeah..." and I heard Alice sigh on the other line.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just that I'm getting worried. Hang on, I'm running. I'll be right there, text me the address. And whatever you do, don't come outside." Alice said, then she hung up.

________

Twenty minutes later, I heard someone run into the bathroom and bang on the stall door. I got up from my hiding place on the toilet and said, "Alice?"

"You wish." I heard. It wasn't Alice. It was a deep man's voice. My dad.

"What are you doing in the woman's bathroom?" I screamed. "And how did you find me?" Enough with the witty comebacks. I was panicking. I felt like my life was at stake if I didn't play my cards right.

Luckily, Alice should be here any minute. I hope. I had texted her where I was at then deleted the conversation, just in case.

"Catherine, Catherine, Catherine." my dad said. He put his hand on my shoulder and I swatted it away. I ran back into the stall and locked the door.

"What do you want? And how many times in the past 13 years have I had to tell you, my name isn't Catherine. It's Catlynn."

"Says who?" my dad said.

"Says me! Says my mom, the one adult in my biological family who was actually sober!" I said. "And enough with the name issues. How did you find me?"

"I asked around." my dad said smugly. My jaw dropped in fear and I started to cry. There was no way out now.

Alice, where are you? And what can I do? I'm thinking of you...

Solla Sollew...

I snapped out of my Seussical mindset and turned my attention back to the current situation.

"Whatcha zoning about there, Catherine? Your nonexistent 'family?'" my dad yelled.

"Where on Earth is my sister?" I yelled without thinking.

"Dead." my dad said. I started to cry, even though I know it wasn't true.

"Get the hell away from my sister." I heard. I turned around and Alice was standing in the doorway of the bathroom. I ran to her and she hugged me tightly, not letting go.

"Or what?" my dad said. I'm not even sure why I was calling him my dad. He wasn't my dad. Ryan was.

"Or I call the cops, you get arrested, and a restraining order gets put in place. Actually, I think I'm gonna do that no matter what you say, because you've been tormenting my sweet little sister for her whole life. And up until a few months ago, she had no one to protect her. And as for me? I'm proud to call myself her big sister. And I'm gonna do what any good big sister would do." Alice said. She kept one hand firmly on my back and pulled out her phone with the other.

"Hello? 911? Yeah, hi. So, my sister's biological dad came up to her on the street and followed her into a Target and now he's threatening both her and me." Alice quietly told the 911 dispatcher the address, then hung up.

"You, first-name-unknown Reeve, are getting arrested, and you can't say anything about it." Alice picked me up and held me tightly.

"Alice. Alice." I said upon taking a closer look at my dad. I buried my face in Alice's chest and whispered to her "He has his gun."

I looked up to see Alice's face drain of all color, and she looked at me with horror in her eyes.

"I'm running." she whispered back.

AN: HAHAHAH! Another cliffhanger! Boy, I do love writing evil chapters! Hope you enjoyed! Catch ya later!