parents

Current timeline

Emma had agreed to write not one, not two all 16 songs for The Prom she wanted to she loves song writing plus it was really fun writing songs for all her Broadway friends she liked doing that 

Emma wasn't really prepared for how hard writing some of the songs would be, the song writing itself was not that tricky because Emma had written songs before it wasn't so bad the hard thing was going back to those hard times in her life while writing the song the sadness, the hiding, the nervousness 

not to mention going back to the events Emma had tried hard to forget the fake prom, the bear in her locker, the PTA meeting, breaking up with Alyssa. 

at the moment Emma was writing a song she called 'just breathe' "who knew asking out a girl to the prom would go over just like an atom bomb and make things much worse with your dad and mom.." Emma sighed and ran her fingers through her hair 

"you should take a break" Alyssa said "you've been at that for two hours take a break" 

Emma sat down next to Alyssa "ok fine but I was really close to finishing that part" 

"you been stuck on that one line for an hour" 

Emma sighed "yeah I konw, I guess it just gets me off guard, you konw?" 

there was a bit of quiet between them, Emma broke it.   "I really wish.. you had known them before, before I came out they where.. really wonderful you would have liked them. I never really had friends growing up until you, we- me and my parents were really close"        

"you talked about them a lot when we first became friends, they sounded wonderful" Alyssa said "i'm really sorry that they kicked you out" 

"I am too" 

Emma leaned on Alyssa's shoulder. "did it help talking to them? I konw it's been two years since you've seen them" 

"well as you konw it didn't go well but- this is going to sound crazy but it felt really good to get it all of my chest I had been wanting to tell them those things and I did, so in a crazy twisted way it felt kind of good to yell at them" 

Alyssa laughed "I was actually kind of surprised you did that, I didn't think you would" 

Emma smiled "I didn't ether but then again i was pregnant so everything i was feeling kind of got tamped up" 

Emma rubbed her belly "I can not believe we're doing this all over again, i'm excited" 

Alyssa kissed her "I am too, Izzy's really excited" 

"So why did you ask me that?" Emma asked 

"I don't konw.. I guess I've thinking about my dad I never did tell him how I felt all those years ago about him, the divorce. He left then he just- he never called, he never wrote, he never showed up to graduation. I never saw him again i NEVER got to tell him how i felt, how I still feel sometimes" Alyssa brushed a tear from her check "sorry. I konw that's really stupid" 

"no, babe it's not it's not stupid at all" 

"the only time we ever talked was when I told him you where pregnant with Isabel, yeah he was happy for me but we never talk beyond that, he could have called and visited me but he never did" 

"maybe you should call him sometime, get some closure. You told me to do that and it helped" Emma suggested 

"maybe I will, just not yet" 

"You konw whatever happens you have me" 

Alyssa smiled "yeah I konw. I love you" 

"I love you too" 

So ok i wanted to do this for a while why did i do the two year timeskip you may ask? well i wanted to first of all second of all musicals take a long time to make happen so i wanted to be realistic with the timing with this because as y'all konw i love the prom and i'm trying to be realistic as possible with this story. Also as i mentioned before i am going to do some things with Alyssa and her dad such as her last memory of him and Alyssa telling her dasd how he feels. Once again if there is anything you guys want to see in this fanfiction or anything you think i could do better on PLEASE let me konw and i will make it happen. THANK YOU all foe reading this it makes me so happy that read what i write! so thank you!