first steps

Now we are back on the current timeline. Isabel is now 12 months old. 

"hey babe does it worry you that she's not walking yet?" Emma asked Alyssa turned to look at her "no. the doctor said it's perfectly normal" 

"she's 12 months old she should be walking by now" 

"she's probably just a late bloomer. She'll walk when she's ready" Alyssa said Emma sighed "Em, she's fine."

a few days later. 

Emma was at the piano trying to write a song. "I just wanna dance with you let the whole world melt away and dance with you.."  Emma paused scribbling notes down in her sheet music. She turned and looked at her daughter who was a few feet away.

Isabel was lying on her back on the carpet. "do you think it sounds pretty good?" Isabel smiled "Yeah?" Emma smiled then went back to working on the song. 

Isabel turned herself over and stood up holding unto the edge of the conch. 

she slowly let go and took a step, she didn't fall so Isabel slowly made her way towards Emma. 

Sensing the movement behind her Emma turned around "Alyssa get over here!" 

Alyssa quickly came into the room. "is everything ok?"  she noticed their daughter "oh my god shes walking!" 

Emma knelt down Isabel walked right into her arms.  "Good girl!" Alyssa sat down right next to Emma and hugged Isabel. "we're so proud of you Izzy" 

Alyssa nudged Emma, Emma gave her a knowing look "you want to say it don't you?" 

"So much, yes" 

Emma rolled her eyes and smiled "go ahead say it" Alyssa grinned 'I told you so!" Emma shook her head and laughed "you. are. ridiculous." 

Alyssa gave her a sly smile "you konw you love me" 

"Do I konw that?" Emma smiled and kissed her on the check. "yes I do"