the last memory

Alyssa was not really surprised when her parents told her they were getting divorced anyone who had known her could see the problems from a mile away, she could too. So when her parents sat her down and told her she just.. didn't feel anything. 

It wasn't like she wasn't sad, she was she cried a lot after her parents told her but Alyssa had all this time to prepare for it she felt like, she could just see it coming. 

She thought ok well i guess i'm going to stay at two houses now so i have to used to that 

Alyssa was just glad that she would be able to spend time with both her parents and that both her parents would still be in her life, mostly her dad she loved her dad. 

From the moment she was born she was her daddy's girl and that would never change. Not that she didn't love her mom she did but sometimes Alyssa and her Mom butted heads over a lot of things, they both had the same temper.

Also sometimes it was just easier to be with her dad, when she was with her mom people would stare and whisper not so much now but sometimes people looked. Alyssa knew why her mom was white and had the redst hair and bluest eyes Alyssa had ever seen and Alyssa was the opposite light brown skin, dark brown curly hair, chocolate brown eyes if you didn't konw them you would have no idea they were related. 

She looked more like her dad then her mom, her dad was really tall and had short black hair and golden brown eyes. Living in Indiana her family was kind of an oddity but she didn't care, well ok she tired not to care.     

The only thing Alyssa wasn't prepared for was her dad telling her he was leaving, not just moving to the next town over ether, like moving to a different time zone moving. 

now even so many years later she still remembers this part like it happened yesterday. 

Alyssa was in her room she was crying again, she has been for the whole week the tears where endless and they where drowning her. 

"can I come in?" it was her dad 

Alyssa quickly wiped her eyes and tired not to look like she would break down at any moment "yeah you can come in" 

Alyssa sat up on her bed "hi dad" 

"can I talk to you for a second?"              

What is it now? whatever it is it can't be good. Alyssa thought to herself but all the 17 year old said was "ok. What's going on?" 

Alyssa's Dad sat down next to her on her bed. He took a breath then slowly released it, he looked really uncomfortable for some reason. Alyssa's first thought was crap did he find out I'm gay?!   

Nothing could have prepared her for what he was about to say "honey, you konw i love you right?" 

"of course I do. Dad your freaking me out what's going on?!" 

her dad sighed like he knew what he was going to say would break her heart 

"with everything going on with me and your mom, i think it would be best if i moved" 

Alyssa laughed thinking it was a joke, her dad just looked at her Alyssa stared at him disbelief  in her voice "wait.. your serious?" 

" yes. I think it's the right thing to do"  

Alyssa looked at him in shock. "Dad you can't move, c'mon be reasonable here" he looked like he was going to say something but Alyssa kept talking "Mom is ok with this?" 

"actually she's not really keen no the whole idea ether, she thinks i should stay here" 

"I think you should too" 

"honey there's nothing for me here" 

Alyssa started crying "I'M here, do i mean nothing to you?!" 

"you konw that's not what i meant" 

"where are you even moving too?" Alyssa asked "Los Angeles" Alyssa looked at him "that's not close.. at all. Is Teresa going with you?" Alyssa asked bitterly Teresa was her Dad's Secretary who he had cheated on Alyssa's mom with. 

"yeah.. she is" 

"Oh my god, I feel like i'm in hell" Alyssa put her head in her hands she couldn't believe it, sure things hadn't been good with her parents for the last few months but this was..way too much all at once. 

"So mom doesn't want you to leave i don't want you to leave but your leaving anyway" Alyssa said it sounded more like statement then a question. 

"honey I really think that's what's best for everyone if i stayed here i would only make things worse" 

Alyssa didn't say anything for a while she knew he was right in a way it probably would be worse if he stayed at home with them, but she really didn't want him to move she didn't really understand why he was moving so far away, Seems like he was running from his problems leaving a broken path in his wake. 

"when are you leaving?' Alyssa asked in a small voice "in two days" overwhelmed and saddened by it all Alyssa broke down in tears she couldn't stop them, they just came in a broken mess Alyssa felt like she was split open and her every nerve was exposed. 

her dad wrapped his arms around her even if she was mad at him for leaving them she let him hold her, she knew this would be one of the last times he would. 

two days later Alyssa's dad had a U-haul truck  in the driveway, all his bags where packed and ready to go, years of memories put in boxes and packed away. 

Alyssa's mom and dad were talking saying goodbye Alyssa guessed they hugged. Mrs. Greene looked as broken as Alyssa felt. 

Alyssa walked towards her dad she was crying hard, her dad had tears in his eyes he was going to miss her. "I wish you didn't have to go" 

"I konw Alyssa, sweetie look at me" 

Alyssa looked up at him her dad put his hands on the side of her face "Nothing is going to change between us baby girl, I promise" 

Alyssa hugged him tight. "I love you" Her dad hugged her back just as tightly "I love you too" he kissed the top of her head just like he used too when she was little. 

Then he climbed into truck and drove away. Alyssa's vision blurred hot tears steaming down her face her mom came up beside her held her hand Alyssa squeezed it back she looked up at her mom's face she was crying too. "it's all going to be ok" Mrs. Greene said "it has to be" 

ok so i konw this chapter was really HEAVY sorry about that it kind of had to be because this chapter deals with pretty heavy stuff but it all kind of had to be like this to set up the next chapter also i'm really fascinated with  Alyssa's dad and his relationship with her.