When I met you

it was a long time ago the summer that Emma was going into her first year of high school she was at a crutch potluck with her parents they were both very strong believers in God  

Emma wasn't but was forced to come anyway. The only thing Emma found that she was sure she wasn't going to get food poisoning by was meatballs in BBQ sauce  at  least I won't stave to death Emma thought to herself. 

the only setback was she didn't have any thing to eat them with. She forgot to get silverware well ok she had a spoon, but still it's hard to eat anything except applesauce and ice cream with a spoon. 

Emma was alone but being kind of shy she was used to it. She turned her head to the sound of a car door shutting. There was this girl who looked about her age with light brown skin and dark dense curly hair.

She's a goddess Emma thought to herself looking at this mystery girl it was like the whole world stopped, all Emma could see was her. 

the girl looked at her making eye contact Emma looked back then blushing hard looked at her plate of food. 

Emma knew she liked girls. She knew that ever sense she could remember. She really wanted this mystery girl to like her. 

Was it just her imagination or was the girl coming closer? Emma looked across the way yep she was coming closer  not just closer she's coming up. to. me.   Emma looked up a pair of warm brown eyes were looking at her. 

"hithe girl smiled Emma looked around "me?" the girl gigged "yes you who else would it be?" 

"Oh sorry, its just no one really talks to me that much.. what i'm trying to say.. I'm Emma. Emma Nolan" Emma smiled weakly hoping her conversation skills didn't turn the girl away. 

Thankfully she just smiled warmly. "Alyssa Greene" 

Alyssa.. what a perfect name  Emma thought to herself. "Iv'e never seen you around here before" Emma said 

"oh were just moved crucths. A 'new start' as my mom put it." Alyssa's gaze lead over to her mom who was talking to the minster. "she reads a lot of self help books" Alyssa said rolling her eyes. 

"Ive been going here as long as I can remember" Emma said "I mean not that I have much of a say in the matter" 

Alyssa smiled "I konw, right! Every Sunday. it's the worst." Alyssa sighed before going on "I mean a lot of the laws they teach are really outdated like it's a sin to have a tattoo." 

Emma nodded "yeah I totally get that. A lot of people still think being Homosexual is a sin" 

Emma's face turned bright red  did I really just say that?  "I mean.. you konw as just one example out of the many.. I.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.. you konw cause I don't konw where you stand on the issues of.." 

Alyssa took her hand "it's totally fine with me Emma" 

"hey can I get your number?" Alyssa asked pulling out her phone 

"sure" Emma pulled put her phone and they exchanged numbers. "Alyssa!" 

Mrs. Greene called out to her. Alyssa sighed "well I have to go. I'll text you tonight" 

Alyssa gave her hand a squeeze then turned around and took one last look at Emma. 

Emma waved she had never been this happy in a while. Her heart was pounding in her chest excited and thinking of one thing  Alyssa...