coming out and Prom night

2 hours until the prom... 

Alyssa felt nervous every nerve on her body was on fire, her heart was pounding. Alyssa had run off to met Emma and the Broadway gang at the gym to help set up the prom but somehow, someway her mother had found out about it. 

"Alyssa what are you doing here?"  Alyssa turned around coming face to face with her mother 

"fighting against intolerance" her heart was pounding out of her chest, her psalms were slick with sweat she wiped them on her jeans. 

Alyssa took a step closer towards her mother knowing what she was going to say next would break her heart. 

"Mom, people don't just turn gay they are who they are" 

"Alyssa you don't konw what your saying your confused- 

"the world is a different place from the one you grew up in it's better now because of people who aren't afraid to be themselves" Alyssa looked at Emma who was standing a few feet away. "people like her" 

Emma looked at her with wide eyes her expression was unreadable, she was waiting for Alyssa to say something. 

Before she could even think Alyssa let go of her mom's hands turned to look at Emma before she could even think about it Alyssa took a breath. Was she really going to do this? 

She looked at her girlfriend the person she loved most in the world and said the words she had been wanting to say out loud for so long. 

"I LOVE YOU EMMA NOLAN!" no one said anything, everyone was staring at her. Emma broke the silence, she smiled  "Holy Shit!" 

Alyssa laughed and took her hand Emma gave her hand a squeeze. Mrs. Greene looked at her daughter 

"I just don't want you to have a hard life" 

"it's already hard" 

they were both in tears. Mrs. Greene smiled and took her hand "We'll talk tonight OK?' 

Alyssa smiled back "OK"   

After Mrs. Greene left Emma looked at her a mix of awe and wonder on her face. "Do you konw what you just did?"  

"I think I just came out in front of my mom" Emma smiled "in front of everyone"   

"Oh My god! I didn't think I would feel this reveled"   Emma took her hands "I'm so proud of you, you didn't cave"   

Emma pulled her into a hug Alyssa held her tight. After years of questioning and hiding Alyssa had done it, she came out and it felt absolutely amazing. 

finally after the fake prom, the prom almost getting cancelled and Emma and Alyssa kind of breaking up FINALLY there was a prom a kick ass prom for everyone in Edgewater Indiana no matter who they love. 

All it took was five down on there luck Broadway stars, a principal and two star crossed lovers to make it happen. 

Emma and Alyssa were slow dancing. "We finally got our prom" Emma said slowly spinning Alyssa around. "all it took was some crazy actors" 

Emma and Alyssa looked over at there friends there crazy, wonderful, Musical, glitter filled ride or die friends. 

Angie, Barry, Sheldon and Trent were in a little group talking and laughing, Trent was no doubt talking about Julliard (he could talk about that for hours) Barry was looking great in his sliver tux Emma caught his gaze he smiled and winked at her she was so happy that he had got his prom after all those years. 

Angie was talking to Sheldon the zazz fulled blond looked tough on the outside but on the inside she had a heart of gold. Sheldon was really fun and also a big part of the reason that the prom had happened.  

Dee Dee who could belt like no one was watching was dancing with Principal Hawkins the most kind heated man Emma and Alyssa had ever met. 

"When did that happen?' Alyssa wondered looking over at the two lovebirds Emma shrugged "I have no idea" 

"Principal Hawkins and Dee Dee Allen, I guess stranger things have happened" Alyssa said thinking out loud. 

Emma smiled at her "opposites attract I guess" 

Alyssa looked into her hazel eyes. "you konw now that we're public there is something I've always wanted to do" 

"if your thinking of what i'm thinking of  it probably has to be somewhere private" 

Alyssa gave her a playful shove "Emma! get you head out of the gutter!" it was hard to tell under the dim lighting but Emma was sure Alyssa was blushing. 

"what where you thinking of?" Emma asked 

Alyssa felt nothing but love for her girlfriend. "This" 

she leaned forward and kissed her Emma kissed her back putting her hands on the side of her face. 

now a kiss may not seem like much but to them after a year and a half of waiting and sneaking around, secret kisses, private phone calls all that pent up hope and desperation of them finally being together was in that kiss. 

the kiss lasted for a few moments longer then they slowly pulled apart. "our first kiss in pubic" Emma smiled "that felt like fireworks" Alyssa said 

"normal, straight people do this all the time? How do they keep from touching each other all the time?" Emma said wonder in her voice 

Alyssa shrugged "I have no idea" 

Alyssa pulled Emma close to her. "I can feel your heart beating" Emma smiled up at her. "So can I" 

two different hearts now beating as one.                

So i konw i'm a day late on this but the prom movie dropped yesterday I really wish it had the OBC in it.. but hey at least the message is getting out there i'm kind of excited to see it like i said before i will take the prom in anyway shape or form, I love it so much I can't get enough. So I will be watching it soon one of my best friends wants to do a Netflix party and watch it with me so i'm excited for that:) I just want you all to take a moment and remember The Prom on Broadway, now i'm sure Ryan Murphy did a fine job with it and i'm looking forward to it. But one of the reasons the prom closed was because of that movie once the he told people he was going to do it, people stopped coming because they knew it would come out on Netflix in a year anyway so that kind of killed the show. Those are just the cold hard facts. As for the prom on Broadway  I got to see the show in NYC two years ago and i LOVED IT. the cast, the crew, BETH LEAVEL so amazing in the end they really did build a prom for everyone and changed the world so that's what really matters.